Hi, I'm Alex. The Director of Sales Operations here at Customer.io.
We're looking for someone who is ambitious and highly collaborative to join our Sales team. The Sales Operations Coordinator role is critical for acquiring new customers and driving the growth of our company. You will support intelligence efforts across multiple teams, including generating and managing leads in our internal platforms to accelerate the sales cycle. You will be the first step in identifying potential customers who will thrive using Customer.io!
Some things you'll do...
- Ensure our prospect and lead generation matches Customer.io's long term vision and the businesses we serve well
- Research and provide our Sales Development (SDR) Team with an ongoing list of new prospects and leads
- Identify when there are new opportunities to re-engage with prospects and leads
- Prioritize accounts based on vertical, personas, and inbound lead quality
- Responsible for data integrity and accuracy across all tools used by the Sales team (e.g., de-duplicating lead data in our CRM)
- Triage sales support tickets and reassign leads to the right sales reps
- Create and update sales KPI reports
- Review current processes and identify areas of improvement
- Proactively explore new methods and tools to elevate our outreach program
- You're enthusiastic, and taking on new tasks excites you
- You're a team player and enjoy contributing to others success
- You are detail-oriented and thorough in your work
- You're analytical and like to leverage data to drive decisions
- You're a great communicator. You proactively share information and solicit feedback to improve your work
- You're motivated with a self-starting attitude. You take the initiative to research, plan, and execute from start to completion
- You can objectively prioritize internal requests and not be easily overwhelmed
- You're a creative thinker and always try to come up with new approaches and/or solutions for better outcomes
We're looking for someone with...
- Ability to deliver high-quality intelligence and leads within a timely manner
- Experience as a Sales Ops Coordinator or as an SDR/BDR
- Experience working with CRMs and other sales tools
- Experience generating, processing, analyzing, and reviewing reports
- Preferably has a background in SaaS or has work experience with a similar marketing automation platform
- Available to collaborate with team members in the US EST for at least 4 hours each day
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 3,500 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $54,000 - $70,000 USD depending on experience and subject to local market rate adjustment.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- Unlimited PTO - we recommend 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 12 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- 401k retirement matching - up to 5% dollar for dollar match to retirement contributions
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we are planning for our Spring 2022 retreat to be in Athens, Greece!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by 9am PST January 3rd and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by January 10th with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with our Recruiting Manager
- 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- Take Home Assignment
- Assignment Review call with two potential teammates