Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital token traders and global liquidity providers. We're on a mission to create the most innovative cryptocurrencies exchange. This is a unique opportunity at a rare window in time where the digital token space is on the tipping point of contributing to a major financial evolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far we’ve grown fast and stayed lean to secure our place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have the confidence to meet the many challenges that this evolving space faces, we are interested in talking to you. Join us and help lay the foundations for a decentralized future.
- Develop and manage internal and external communications strategy plans with a focus on positioning statements and reputation management.
- Engage directly and build relationships with the digital token and blockchain communities, policymakers, key influencers and others to develop the interests of Bitfinex and the community as a whole.
- Craft press briefing docs, press packs and develop and pitch stories to earn coverage across the trade, business and national media.
- Develop crisis communication plans, holding statements and scenario planning for potential issues.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for flagging and managing issues and opportunities before and when they arise.
- Lead multi-channel communications strategy, including decision making and distributing communications on proper distribution channels (social media, user emails, etc.)
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests. Lead stakeholder/partner and internal communications for rapid response issues.
- Effectively liaise with internal stakeholders, communication, legal and compliance teams, as well as external advisors.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results regularly.
- 3+ years in a senior/director role, ideally in a public affairs agency and/or working on a communications or public relations team in-house.
- Experience in corporate communications with a background in financial and/or cryptocurrency sectors.
- Proven ability to build relationships with top tier media outlets and deliver earned media content through these connections.
- Execution of cross-functional crisis/reputation management campaigns.
- Experience advising teams and senior executives on policy matters.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; a confident communicator and presenter.
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and the ability to collaborate across functions.
- A sound understanding of media needs and media relationships.
- Candidates with senior-level experience only.
Nice to have
- Besides English, bilingual in Mandarin, Russian, Spanish or other languages