ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a healthy culture of caring, driven, and fun team members. If you thrive when you're connecting with people, juggling projects, and helping create an incredible culture, this might be the role for you!
We’re looking for a hybrid Recruiting + Operations team member to shepherd our recruiting and hiring efforts and support operational efficiency in partnership with People Operations and Finance. This role will report to the Director of Operations.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for building ConvertKit’s employer brand, sourcing and recruiting diverse candidates, guiding our hiring process, and contributing to the Operations team collective success. The right person for this role will help us attract diverse talent from across the globe, create a fabulous candidate experience, guide new hires through their onboarding with the team, collaborate with the Ops team on shared projects, and keep track of it all through clear reporting and metrics.
This right person for this role is a team player and natural relationship builder. You’re excited to dig into the culture at ConvertKit to understand what it’s made of and dive into the details of each team to decipher their needs and priorities. You don’t mind moving from high-level planning, down into candidate scheduling, and then across the team to help with an Ops project - all in the same day.
The right person will also:
- Partner with hiring managers to run a best-in-class hiring process at ConvertKit
- Recruit for roles on every team (technical and non-technical), at every level of the organization. We tend to hire between 10-20 roles per year, often with the majority in the first half of a year
- Collaborate with the Ops team on shared projects and team goals
- Manage job posts and candidate stages in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS) and externally on career sites and job boards
- Create and maintain the candidate pipeline utilizing creative sourcing strategies and partnerships with talent communities, especially in the latter half of the year when we don't have a lot of open roles
- Review applicants and conduct initial phone interviews while partnering with hiring managers to schedule interviews and facilitate debriefs
- Become a trusted partner to each hiring manager and help them achieve their hiring goals through transparent communication and mutual accountability
- Learn the ins and outs of ConvertKit teams to properly support each team’s hiring - you’ll get a glimpse into their goals, operations, and priorities
- Maintain accurate and timely records in our ATS
- Drive the success of hiring at ConvertKit by setting performance goals, defining hiring metrics and timelines, and measuring progress
- Create an exceptional candidate experience for each person in our hiring process
- Manage the administration of the hiring process by drafting offer letters and contracts and completing reference checks
- Lead the creation of each new hire’s onboarding experience, setting them up for success in their first 14 days with the team
- Maintain hiring process documentation across google docs, sheets, and Basecamp to keep hiring managers and the team informed
- Research and define new roles and conduct salary calculations in alignment with our standardized salaries
- Help the Ops team with seasonal and ad-hoc projects, from sending gifts to team members, paying bills, or managing receipt collection and communication with the team
- Stay informed with equal employment opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and law
A successful candidate will have a combination of the following:
- You have demonstrated experience supporting teams of 50 - 100+ people
- 2-4 years progressive recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment or equivalent experience sourcing, hiring, or onboarding
- Full life cycle recruiting experience. You’ve owned recruiting end-to-end, from job posting to offer negotiations, and everything in between
- Strong background in candidate sourcing using a variety of engagement methods
- Skilled at partnering with organizational leaders to develop hiring plans, understand business goals, and manage shifting priorities
- Passion for hiring data and efficiency, including the know how to build and manage systems of measurement
- Deeply understand diversity, equity, and inclusion, and continuously explore and invest in structural changes that make ConvertKit a place where everyone can succeed and thrive
- Are a thoughtful, direct, and kind communicator, both verbal and written
- Strong project management skills - you’re not afraid of tight deadlines, you keep your work organized and outcome focused, and you’re a pro with time management
- Comfortable handling confidential and highly sensitive information with discretion
- Have strong organizational and prioritization skills, with a keen eye for the details and an obsessive commitment for accurate, timely, and effective coordination (seriously - this will be key as our in-house recruiting expert!)
- Can maintain a calm, professional, and approachable demeanor when handling sensitive issues or tricky changes in priority
- Comfortable making adjustments and changes on the fly with a positive, collaborative attitude
- Excellent knowledge of HR best practices and industry standards, particularly with regard to compliance, onboarding, employee relations
- Confident managing and configuring each aspect of the hiring process - from our ATS to our interview questions - to minimize bias in the process and ensure equitable hiring practices
- Strong social and emotional intelligence - you enjoy cultivating relationships with all types of people
- An orientation towards team success over individual success and an ability to solve problems with a positive attitude
- Experience with or comfort in working as part of a remote team - US and EMEA time zones preferred
- Prior experience working for a SaaS or tech company preferable
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 2 ($85,000) or level 3 ($110,000). Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How to Apply
This role will close on March 1, 2021. To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context. We are not accepting applications via email.
We usually receive a large number of applications (because remote work!), but hope to get through them within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A short skills assessment in the form of some situational and experience-related questions
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for.
We encourage every person who is interested to apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of this job posting as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply. Take the leap - you never know, you might just be the perfect person for the role, even if you don’t match 100% of the job description above.