The Charge Screen Team
Current enables budget-conscious consumers to earn additional income from their everyday habits. The larger organization is split into cross-functional product teams. The Charge Screen team consists of 2 Android Engineers, 1 Backend Engineer, and 1 Product Manager. We're focused on allowing users to earn extra income for charging and unlocking their phone.
We operate in 2-week sprints, release Android updates weekly, and control specific functionality through a powerful split testing and feature flagging system. Our Product Managers are committed to measuring and quantifying the impact of every change before we move on.
The team varies between working collaboratively and independently. We want everyone to feel encouraged to take a feature from an idea through development and post-release all on their own. But, some problems are best solved together, in which case pair programming, whiteboarding sessions, and discussions are frequent.
Current has 15 engineers out of 32 people in total, distributed around the world (including Chicago, Mexico, California, Argentina, and Croatia). The Charge Screen team is based in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Ukraine.
We rely heavily on the following technologies:
- TestRail for our Test Case and Test Documentation main application.
- EndTest for creation of automated tests.
- BrowserStack as device farm used for automated tests
- JIRA for bug management and for general maintenance of software development process.
- Instabug for bug reporting
- We communicate with each other primarily via Slack.
You’ll be joining the Charge Screen team as a QA engineer, working on all of the areas/projects mentioned above. The specific projects will vary each sprint. To perform the duties of this position, you’ll need to have the following skills:
- You have experience testing modern Android user interfaces in detail on multiple Android and iOS operating systems.
- You are comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
- You are detail-oriented and communicate clearly in written English.
- You are experienced with using an issue tracking system - Jira.
- Be mindful of the test pyramid; identify and use the right approach and tools, including manual testing.
- In collaboration with other engineers continuously improve techniques, tools, and QA processes to enable a safe and efficient agile development environment and ensure the high quality of the final product.
- Review the work of your colleagues.
- As a true team player, you continuously improve your team’s processes, brainstorm ideas, and communicate your status and progress.
- Provide feedback, and continuously improve yourself.
We are looking for a QA engineer to join the team. We offer a generous salary based on experience and location.
We'd love to talk with you if…
- Have 3+ years of quality assurance experience.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Consider multiple quality dimensions like user impact, failure tolerance, implementation time, potential security breaches, and performance.
- Are genuinely interested in technology and love to try new things.
- Test problems but also consider multiple solutions, weigh them, and decide on the best course of action.
- Thrive on providing and receiving honest but always constructive feedback.