Do you want to help developers and users reclaim the web with a brand new technology to directly manage our information and identities online?
3Box Labs is building a more open, safe and collaborative web. We created the leading identity and data solution for Web3, and alongside our open source developer community we're approaching the launch of Ceramic Network. We have huge and novel challenges ahead. We need impact-driven, intentional, fast-learning teammates to join us in realizing the vision of a more trusting and connected web.
3Box Labs is seeking a Protocol Engineer to use key cryptographic primitives to extend the security, privacy, functionality, and value mechanisms of Ceramic Network.
You will get to...
- Research, design and implement an improved object-capability based access control system for Ceramic Documents
- Improve our key revocation/rotation and key-management systems
- Help implement improved consensus and validation mechanisms on Ceramic
- Contribute to the incentive and mechanism design of a tokenized Ceramic with many stakeholder groups
- Research and develop new techniques technologies around zkps for ddos protection, low-latency networking of distributed data, decentralized PKI, consensus and coordination in an open and permissionless networks
- Coordinate with the teams and communities of related technologies, standards and networks (DIF, IETF, Etheruem, CAIP, IPFS, w3c, etc.)
You'll likely succeed in this role if you have...
- Shipped high quality code and systems that are used in production
- Worked with cryptographic primitives like elliptic curves, VRF, VDF, ZKPs
- Strong computer science fundamentals with experience implementing distributed systems
- Some knowledge in distributed systems, data structures, and algorithms, and a basic grasp of blockchain concepts, CRDTs and p2p technologies
- Familiarity in open source ecosystems
- Extremely good at quickly understanding new problem areas, weighing tradeoffs, and recommending a path forward
- Bonus points: background in mechanism design or game theory, ability to design systems for adversarial environments, experience working with standards or research organizations
We are a lean, endlessly curious team spread across Europe and the East Coast. We are impact driven, intentional about our role, communications and actions, and intensely focused on building quality tools for our open source community. We believe a better model for managing identity and data online can give power back to users and builders, that this model is key to a growing movement, and that our team is a critical part of making that movement successful.
We pay competitively and fairly across the globe, offer great and flexible benefits, and view everyone on our team as an owner -- both with generous equity grants and lots of agency to help set our direction.
Learn more about 3Box Labs here.