We’re looking for a tech-savvy candidate with well-honed product instincts, who has successfully done similar work elsewhere, to become the third member of our Product Owner team.
This position is primarily open to applicants who can work from our Stockholm, Sweden office. Exceptional candidates looking to work remotely will also be considered. All new hires will work remotely until it is safe to return to our Stockholm office.
What you’ll do
- Lead cross-functional product development with focus on backend applications. The FR24 backend teams are primarily responsible for ADS-B receiver hardware, receiver software, and aggregating flight data that has been collected by the receiver network
- Drive backend projects from the earliest discovery stages through design, development, test, release and measurement
- Define a clear vision for the backend product area and communicate this vision with stakeholders and development teams. Ensure that all stakeholders are aligned in this vision
- Engage closely with engineering teams to determine the best technical implementation methods as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- Own and prioritize backend development backlogs, and communicate with stakeholders and developers to facilitate understanding and execution of product objectives. Ensure that backlogs are refined and prioritized
- Create detailed requirements for backend development
- Work closely with the Commercial Services team to manage our suite of professional flight data services, building a deep understanding of our business customers and their needs. Coordinate wide-ranging technical improvements to our historic and live data products and web-based business services to maintain Flightradar24’s position as a global leader in the provision of flight data to the aviation industry and beyond
- Utilize and leverage data to help make informed product decisions
Who you are
- 3+ years of product management / owner experience using agile software development methods. We are currently in the process of transitioning backend teams to agile development methods so prior experience of this would be an advantage
- Experience leading teams that include remote members is preferred
- Technical background is greatly desired with a strong interest in a wide range of technologies. Experience with machine learning, C++ and Python is a merit
- Passion for aviation is a big plus
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent English verbal and writing skills, Swedish is not a requirement for this role. Communication skills are essential for this role
- Relevant university degree or equivalent work experience
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and Wall Street Journal refers to Flightradar24 as the "Facebook of aviation". We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities and 5 continents represented