strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
Is your superpower...
... the ability to synthesize the why behind a product’s value into impactful messaging and content? Do you love working with customers, analysts, product leaders, and sales teams? Is working with product and demand gen teams to launch new capabilities your jam? If so then this role is for you.
You understand how to position a solution, how to continually differentiate and inject knowledge across the sales organization, and you have a knack for getting alignment & consensus from the teams you work with along the way. You have a bias for enabling the people around you to speak to our product and vision in the most accurate and timely way, and have a passion for the customer’s voice being a part of everything we do. You set the overall market messaging and quarterly themes with which strongDM goes to market.
You are experienced working directly with product teams to bring new capabilities and product value to market for both internal audiences (sales, SEs, demand gen, writers) and external audiences (prospects, customers, analysts). You enjoy enabling a growing sales organization to speak to our product and vision in the language our prospects and customers speak, and have monthly customer calls because you love chatting with them.
What You'll Do:
- Be the market, persona and customer expert. Know who are our buyers, how they buy and what they care about. Drive changes to our sales and marketing processes and priorities based on what you learn to drive tangible results.
- Build and maintain our market and competitive intelligence and know our competitors like the back of your hand such that you can answer any slack message anytime about how to position strongDM against any point solution or the status quo
- Collaborate closely with the founders, sales, and your marketing partners to achieve growth goals and establish our market leadership position
- Collaborate with product management, sales, customer success and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonate with our target buyer personas and relates what we are doing back to the why for our target buyers, influencers and analysts
- Partner with product and sales to determine when and how to communicate product news and updates to all audiences and infuse what’s working for us in the sales process into our marketing programs
- Enable our growing Sales team with what they need to close more deals and close them faster.
- Help set the theme, goals and direction for campaigns throughout the year to achieve our demand generation goals
- 5-10+ years of experience, depending on if you're an individual contributor tackling specific product marketing initiatives or if you're a product marketing leader with the skills to build and lead an entire team
- Influential thinker and impeccable communicator of ideas
- Start-up mentality with experience collaborating across the company to lead or support initiatives ranging from product launches, to sales enablement, to category-creating positioning
- A subject matter expert in Infrastructure, Security and/or DevOps, or someone who can quickly grasp technical products and all the requisite implications of marketing to that buyer
- Experience being a spokesperson, and/or communicating regularly with c-level executives, customers, analysts and press
- If you're the experienced Product Marketing leader: Actively build, coach, mentor, and manage a multi-disciplined team, partner with sales to identify and operationalize pursuit of new buyers and markets to accelerate growth
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required