Vinovest is seeking a Product Manager to drive our efforts to democratize access to fine wine investing. You will be our first product hire, and a critical member of our small, growing team.
Who you are
You’re constantly coming up with innovative new feature ideas and thinking critically about which of them will make the biggest impact. You know how to measure and interpret the results of your team’s efforts. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You easily manage several projects at once. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results.
What you will be doing
- Prioritize the user experience above all else
- Develop the product vision, strategy, and roadmap for Vinovest to become the best pace for customers to invest in fine wine
- Work with design and engineering partners to ship well-crafted product and appreciate the little big detailsDefine, understand, and improve key funnels and metrics
- You’ll own features and experiments end-to-end, including writing product specs, driving cross-functional execution, making thoughtful product decisions along the way, and sharing insights and results throughout the company.
- Drive execution against our plan in collaboration with engineering, design and marketing peers: making trade-offs, anticipating staffing needs, risks, and ensuring frequent and clear communication.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
What you should have
- Passion about Vinovest and the problem we’re solving.
- 3+ years of experience leading major product initiatives across consumer or direct-to-customer business products. You can take rough themes and big ideas and turn them into a roadmap of features, experiments, and research.
- Ability to think big and small to build a portfolio of experiments and larger features. You are as comfortable whiteboarding a completely new experience as you are optimizing an existing flow and know when to do which. You can initiate and drive multiple projects concurrently.
- Data-minded whenever possible. You can design, run, and interpret experiments and A/B tests, and probably know a bit of SQL.
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Product taste and craftsmanship. You will own important product interactions with every Vinovest customer, and should show the attention to detail this responsibility deserves.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
- Written communication that is clear and effective.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet over 50% of the role’s requirements.