Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
About the role
The Matching Team at Beat works remotely in a dynamic and agile environment and is responsible for constantly optimising our matching algorithms, so that Beat can provide the best possible experience to passengers and drivers, while at the same time make our two-sided marketplace more efficient.
This role requires a metric and data-driven approach. Constantly testing ideas for the best results is at the heart of the job.
As a Product Manager in Matching at Beat, you will work with a team of incredibly talented Engineers, Data Scientists, Machine Learning experts, and UX researchers to build tools and technology that provide the best matching solutions in a real-time, dynamic, supply-demand driven marketplace. Your team will be responsible for making sure that each passenger gets the best possible car and driver for their needs.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Act as an ambassador for the product internally and externally, and as the primary contact for queries related to the product
- Drive innovation, research, design, and planning of entirely new products and features.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of a product.
- Establish a deep understanding of your market and its users’ needs and use it towards developing a product that will be loved
- Develop scope documents and define detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
- Solve problems, make decisions, complete trade-off analysis to stay on track towards business development commitments
- Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritised backlog of user stories for implementation
- Assess value and prioritise stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
What you need to have:
- Demonstrable product management experience, working with a team to develop well-loved software products and ship at scale
- Experience working with data to build solutions and drive product decisions
- Experience in defining product roadmaps, built collaboratively with design and engineering peers
- Ability to absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity and interdependencies in an organized and structured way
- Be adaptable to change and able to execute quickly
- Ability to focus on the big picture
- Tech-savviness and a continuous learning and self-development mindset
What it's nice to have:
- Experience of working in the geospatial space, route planning, territory management or tracking intelligence will be considered as an asset
- Experimentation and simulation mindset
- Knowledge of either the ride-sharing industry or other marketplace industry
- Experience with agile development methodologies
What is in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Flexible working hours, top line tools, Spanish lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch at a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Commuter Benefits Program
- Pension Benefit
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion