ConvertKit is a platform built to empower creators to make a living online. We help them own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes, and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters.
We’re looking for a talented Product Manager to help us create an amazing experience for our customers and move the needle on our business. You’ll work closely with our VP of Product, product and design team, and our engineering teams to build a great product that over 25,000 creators use to earn a living.
As part of the role you will:
- Play a leadership role on key technical areas of our business like compliance, security, anti-fraud and spam fight, deliverability, and email sending (sending over 1B emails a month).
- Be responsible for facilitating product roadmapping and execution throughout the product life cycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, and defining the product vision within your squads.
- Help engineering teams develop a technical vision by communicating customer needs
- Coordinate with the rest of the Product Team to maximize business value by aligning roadmaps across squads, and working through dependencies.
- Work closely with the engineering team to schedule work, plan and organize product backlogs, attend team stand up and retro meetings.
- Use data to determine success of a feature and plan product changes to improve specific metrics (e.g.deliverability, decreasing spam rates m/m), and use that data to track and report on success.
- Conduct user interviews to inform the product development process.
- Manage the beta process for new features before a full rollout.
- Assist the marketing team with product-focused marketing to get the most adoption and new accounts from each new feature.
- Work with customer success to ensure documentation is in place for new features and the support team is ready to answer tickets.
The right candidate should:
- Have experience in product management at a SaaS company.
- Be familiar with Shape Up as a planning methodology
- Enjoy utilizing metrics to determine the success of a release and make changes accordingly.
- Leverage skills such as R or SQL in helping to create/evolve metrics and reporting.
- Feel comfortable managing the more technical/back-end areas of the product - email experience is a plus.
- Understand and appreciate the roles of both engineering and design as strategic partners.
- Pay attention to details, enjoy schedules and roadmaps, and be very organized.
- Be a great writer to effectively communicate with the team and customers.
- We're a 100% remote company, so you should be autonomous, self-driven, and remote-disciplined.
- Ideally be located in North American or European-friendly time zone
ConvertKit has standardized salaries based on position, no matter where you live. For this role, we’re hiring at our level 3 ($125,000) or level 4 ($150,000), out of five levels for individual contributors in Product Management. Level is determined based on experience and our interview process.
Other benefits include:
- 3 weeks paid vacation, increasing to 4 weeks paid vacation after 1 year on the team
- $1,000 yearly vacation bonus for taking 5 consecutive days of vacation, fully unplugged from work
- 10 paid holidays
- 2 weeks of sick leave per year, including mental health days
- Up to 6 weeks paid bereavement leave, medical leave and natural disaster leave after 6 months of employment, 2 weeks of each paid leave in your first 6 months
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, 10 weeks paid parental leave for secondary caregivers, with flexible scheduling in your child’s first year
- Profit sharing
- $3,200 equipment allowance for your first two years, $2,500 budget every following two years for U.S.-based team members
- 401k with a 4% match
- Individual learning & development budget
- Yearly conference credit
- The team gathers twice a year for fantastic virtual or in-person retreats
How To Apply
This role will close on 4/22/21. We’ll review all applications within two weeks of the close date for the role. Don’t worry, you’ll hear from us either way. Here’s what you can expect from the rest of our hiring process:
- A phone screen with someone on the hiring team
- A brief exercise or homework assignment to assess your skills
- A technical interview to discuss your technical knowledge
- A culture contribution interview
We’ll keep you informed through every step.
To get started, complete this application, including a cover letter, and answers to the questions on the next page. We read every single application, and your cover letter and responses help put your experience into context.
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms, and we hire the best person we can for each role, no matter your personal background. Research tells us that applicants who are female or non-binary, as well as applicants who are people of color, are less likely to apply for roles they do not feel 100% qualified for. If you think you meet more than 50% of our requirements but fewer than 100% of them, please apply. We’re imperfect communicators, so think of our job postings as the starting point for discussion rather than proof that you shouldn’t apply.