Hometime is the largest and fastest growing platform and brand for flexible rental providers in the APAC region.
We partner with and empower local businesses to provide five star local services with the technology, services and economics that only large operators can access. Our unique business model means that our local partner success is our success, which we strive for across all teams on a daily basis.
We currently operate throughout Australia and New Zealand, and our team is growing fast as we consistently add new markets.
What it’s like to work at Hometime:
- We empower people to do their best work
- We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organisation to drive our strategy, solve complex challenges and adapt to the market
- We really do have a fantastic team who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a high growth technology business
- Our success depends on your success
We are looking for a Product Designer with a passion for innovation, a knack for beautiful & intuitive design, along with the ability to build world-class customer experiences through product. Your are the bridge between company goals and user needs, taking complex product feature requests and turning them into simple and delightfully interactive solutions.
The Hometime platform services our own “Hosting Partners”, who are professional Airbnb hosts trying to build up their own small businesses. Through our Hosting Partner network you will have direct access to the end user to help facilitate rapid ideation & testing.
To help you build a beautiful, intuitive and functional product, we'll provide you with the perfect environment to execute on your vision, including an incredible design and engineering team and access to Airbnb design resources.
- Working with our Product Managers, you will take concepts and ideas, and turn them into useful and valuable customer experiences. You own the design process for the team.
- Good balance between form and function. We want a beautiful product, and we want it to be intuitive and easy to use.
- Rapid prototyping by producing detailed sitemaps, low and high fidelity wireframes, and development ready visual specifications. You'll need to demonstrate both your UI and UX chops.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and Key Stakeholders throughout the different phases of the product lifecycle, from ideation to launch.
- Conduct user testing to ensure we're validating concepts, and we're exceeding our customer's expectations.
Preferred Qualifications & Characteristics:
- Obsessed about great design. Follows innovative design companies and thinks about design on the weekends. The type of person who redesigns a product because they feel it could be better
- Deep understanding of, and experience delivering: Design libraries, style guides, mobile & desktop applications, consumer level technology products
- Experience working within a high-performing design team amongst a high growth, fast paced business
- A love of Airbnb & experience using the platform as a host or guest
- Entrepreneurial mindset and preference for working in a startup
- 5+ years of product designing experience in a team environment
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment where rapid ideation & user testing was key to success
- Experience supporting an application you've designed
- You will get a competitive salary, paid time off and control over your day
- We empower people to do their best work in the locations and setting that suits them - whether this is at home or in a co-working space we’ll make it work
Community & Transparency:
- We believe a great business starts with great people and we leverage talent across the organization to drive our strategy, solve complex scaling challenges and adapt to the market
- We really do have a fantastic team of amazing human beings who are genuinely a pleasure to work with
- Incredible learning opportunities in building and scaling a hyper growth technology business
- Our success depends on your success