Forem is looking for a Principal Product Manager. We are an open source community software company in need of an experienced product leader to bring direction, creativity and empathy to this role.
Forem is a codebase which powers online communities. Our company operates dev.to and community.codenewbie.org, while distributing the code as freely licenced open source software. We run a Forem hosting service called Forem Cloud and develop supporting software for the Forem ecosystem, such as our mobile app.
As Forem grows, we need our first dedicated product manager to coordinate our product development cycle alongside our team of engineers and company founders.
What you’ll do
- Drive the product life cycle from problem identification to launch to evaluation
- Utilize customer feedback to inform our product strategy and process
- Convert meaningful inputs from various stakeholders into valuable outputs
- Coordinate with stakeholders within the organization to ensure succinct product development
- Facilitate product prioritization, communication, and coordination amongst all stakeholders
- Work closely with design and engineering leadership to define and maintain a product roadmap that is aligned with company goals and initiatives
- Create alignment internally and externally on how we communicate about our products & services
- Propose and implement improvements to our product planning processes
- Act as the product point of contact for specific projects; quickly identify root causes, provide solutions and communicate clear explanations to other department heads.
Skills or Experience We’d Like to See
- Act with a high degree of empathy when working with others
- Aptitude for digging deep into the data, thinking from first principles, and delivering the best results.
- Demonstrates precise, intentional, and effective communication
- Pays strong attention to detail so nothing slips through the cracks
- Experience working with open source software
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and working through ambiguity to drive impact
DEV Community is the fastest growing social network for software developers. The DEV mission and brand is defined by helping all software workers achieve their goals and find community while building towards something bigger together.
We’re a company that values emotional intelligence, learning and growth. We hire diverse, well-rounded and communicative people who want to build an inclusive software ecosystem as badly as we do.
Forem is open source software for building inclusive communities. It powers platforms such as the DEV Community, among many others. The platform is flexible and hardened by the scrutiny of thousands of developers. To learn more about the future of Forem, check out our announcement post on DEV.Benefits for US Based Employees:
- Medical, Dental, Vision plan
- Unlimited vacation (2 week minimum)
- Flexible Equipment and Conference budget
- Co-Working budget (we are a 100% Distributed Team)
- Monthly Wellness Budget
- Ergonomic consultations
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
This role is open to applicants outside the US.
Deadline to submit application is May 17, 2021.