As Principal Engineer, Applications R&D, Health, you are responsible for leading a team that architects and develops healthcare first-party applications, demos, prototypes, and tools, and that supports app development efforts from our strategic partners. You will own the implementation of early prototypes, code snippets and examples, demo applications, and production-level first-party applications in medical technology and digital health. You will work closely with program management, business segment leadership, the health platform and systems teams, and the clinical and regulatory teams to ensure the development of efficient and highly robust clinically validated solutions.
- Lead a health applications development team in order to design, develop, implement and maintain applications, demos, and prototypes.
- Drive the technical vision and roadmap for robust, real-time health and wellness applications.
- Provide support and knowledge of application development to the Director of Health R&D in the implementation of a comprehensive strategy for partners and end users.
- Design and develop rapid prototypes in the area of health and wellness with a strong focus on user experience and interface design.
- Define processes and manage execution of software development, code review, and documentation following medical device design controls and quality management, and ensuring compliance to regulations including HIPAA.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, project managers, and business segment leads to implement their specifications and deliver high-quality spatial computing content.
- Support overall engineering and architecture effort of the software group.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects and other technical issues.
- Assist business segment leaders and systems engineering in comprehending and translating customer needs into technical requirements with specifications and proper rational and solutions..
- Manage the application support for strategic partners in close coordination with the developer relations and business development teams.
- Interface with hardware and software teams to ensure that needed features are placed in the product roadmap.
- Ensure that the applications development team writes elegant, maintainable, reusable code, leveraging test driven principles to develop high quality algorithms and services.
- Work closely with Software Security, User Experience, Hardware, Software, Business Development, Product, Clinical and Regulatory teams to implement the next generation clinically validated digital health biomarker suite for the device.
- Comfortable using multiple technologies (custom or off-shelf) to develop innovative solutions and experiences.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment within a small agile team.
- 10+ years of industry experience implementing applications & services on mobile platforms.
- 8+ years coding & debugging of C, C++ and/or C#.
- 5+ years of experience working with game engines, with preference for Unity.
- 5+ years of experience working in healthcare or medical device development.
- Experience with OpenGL, OpenCV, and Shader programming a plus.
- Experience with Production coding processes, including code management,testing, review.
- Experience with VR/AR, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning preferred
- Strong experience working with UX design.
- Strong experience leading engineers from concept to ship in agile environments.
- Knowledge of medical device regulations as applied to software development (FDA, MDD, HIPAA/GDPR, cybersecurity) highly desirable.
- Strong experience with software practices such as source control, testing, code review. Knowledge of git is highly desirable.
MS in Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, or similar required. Ph.D. in Computer Science or related preferred