We are hiring a member of the Brave browser research and engineering team to work on browser performance.
As a performance engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Modifying our open source fork of Chromium to support improve performance.
- Identifying and fixing startup speed bottlenecks.
- Modifying the JS front end to identify and fix performance problems.
- Both C++ and JS profiling across Linux, Windows, and/or macOS.
- Proficiency working with Git.
- Comfortable working with a geographically-distributed software development team.
- Be familiar with web technologies and how the web works.
- Be comfortable diving into an unfamiliar and complex codebase.
- Experience contributing to open source codebases and/or participating in open source communities. Virtually all of our work at Brave is done in the open on Github.
- Having contributed patches to Tor Browser.
- Familiarity with Chromium's architecture.
- Experience auditing C++ code for security issues.
- Ability to write clear technical documentation.
- Be excited about privacy, anonymity, and censorship resistance!
This is a full-time or part-time role, reporting to the Chief Scientist.