One of the leading and most experienced Unreal Engine studios in the world that made mark on the action-shooter genre is now looking for Online Programmer who will work closely with other departments to create a rich online experience for players across multiple platforms.
- Design, develop and maintain the real-time online multiplayer for Shooter games
- Design and implement systems and tools that support the networking needs of the game
- Create architecture and applications for multiplayer online features that can scale with the long-term growth of the game project
- Make networked gameplay systems resilient to packet loss, duplication, reordering, latency spikes etc.
- Testing existing systems and propose new systems and features implementations whenever is cost-effective
- Testing, debugging, profiling, and optimizing implementations
- Creating design documentation according to Team Standards
- Actively attending to code review
- At least 3+ years of experience in the production of games for consoles and PC
- Shipped title experience
- Good skills in C/C++
- Experience in developing advanced server architecture and applications for online console or PC video games
- Good understanding of client-server methodology, scalability, and security considerations
- Good understanding of Internet and network architectures with bandwidth considerations
- Ability to write solid, reliable, efficient code
- Being able to work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of any project management and bug tracking software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Open-minded team player attitude
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated
- Passionate about playing and making video games
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with profiling and optimizations
- Experience working on consoles such as PS4 and Xbox One
- Unreal Engine 4 excellent knowledge
- JIRA, Swarm and Perforce Knowledge
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or similar discipline (Physics, Math, EE, etc.)
WHAT THEY OFFER:
- A competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
- Personal development opportunities and the possibility to work in a multicultural environment
- Work in a creative team with people full of passion for what they do
- Private health care & gym card
- Business trips and integration events
- Free library with a wide range of games and books
- In-company English language classes
- An informal atmosphere, no dress code, no unwanted formalities
Not your time for a move? Recommend a friend and earn 700 EUR! Contact: email@example.com
IMPORTANT: We will never, absolutely never send your CV and/or personal data to any of our clients without your direct consent. Submitting your CV is not equal to giving us consent to share your details with our external partners- we will always contact you upfront and ask for your agreement.
By submitting this form you give your consent for the information provided on this form to be held on computer or other relevant filing systems belonging to 8Bit Studio one and to be shared with other accredited employees in accordance with the GDPR 2018.
By submitting this form you agree that 8Bit Studio, NIP 9570949266, REGON: 36386962 processes your personal data contained in the recruitment documents supplied by you, including but not limited to your image, for the purposes of the current recruitment processes. 8Bit Studio confirms that your consent may be withdrawn anytime.