Collabora is looking for a full-time and remote Open Source Software Developer to join its Multimedia team.
Are you a passionate and enthusiastic about Multimedia, Linux and Open Source Software?
Are you striving for technical excellence and seeking for opportunities to learn and develop?
Are you looking for a flexible remote work opportunity that stretches your abilities?
This job opportunity might be for you!
Who are we?
Our raison d’être is to accelerate the adoption of Open Source technologies, methodologies & philosophy. We strive towards this goal by providing consulting services specialized in bringing companies and the Open Source community together. Being part of the Open Source community, we believe in a world of shared knowledge and collaboration for the advancement of humanity and we are always enthusiastic about sharing, teaching and learning with everyone around us.
Our highly technical and talented team, distributed across 25+ geographies all over the world, brings deep technical expertise in system integration & architecture, linux kernel, graphics, multimedia, web engines and communications to a number of market verticals, including mobile, IVI / automotive, set top box / smart TV, and a range of other specialized embedded applications (low-latency audio/video, audio/video streaming solutions, audio/video editing...).
What you can expect to work on?
First and foremost, as a consultant, you will be helping our customers on a wide variety of projects and products across various market segments. Here are few examples of recent projects we have worked on:
- We designed new V4L2 stateless codec APIs in the Linux kernel and implementation of the userspace part as a GStreamer plugin
- We developed a build system to tailor/size GStreamer for a specific application (minimizing memory footprint and usage)
- We built an Open Source, SRT based (Secure Reliable Transport), system to stream video cameras targeted at drones and robots
- Understanding of software and programming concepts, including C/C++, object oriented design
- Knowledge of multimedia technologies such as frameworks (GStreamer, StageFright, Video4Linux2, libcamera, VLC, etc), containers and codecs from MPEG, Xiph, DVB, IETF...
- Knowledge of multimedia networking technologies and transmission protocols (RTP, RTSP, WebRTC, MPEG-DASH, HLS...)
Great to Haves
- Knowledge of open source development methodologies and good standing in the open source community is a big plus
- Contributions to relevant open source projects (GStreamer, PipeWire, libcamera, PulseAudio, FFmpeg, VLC...) or relevant parts of the Linux kernel
Desired Personal Skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good English proficiency (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work in an online distributed environment