Hi, I’m Lacey, Director of Sales Development at Customer.io, and I’m looking for an Inbound MDR (Market Development Rep) to join our growing team.
As an MDR, you will be a trusted advisor in our customers' evaluation of Customer.io, helping to transform their businesses with the Customer.io solution.
You will be responsible for taking inbound leads, qualifying them, and setting up product Demos for the Account Executives on the sales team. You will lead prospects from their initial contact with Customer.io, through qualification and hand them off to receive an in-depth personalized demo for their business.
As part of a dynamic growing team, this role will be fast-paced and challenging, with great earning and role advancement within the Customer.io Sales team!
We seek highly personable, opportunity-driven individuals that also collaborate well in a team environment. People who can quickly develop rapport and build relationships with prospects over the phone, and match their organization's specific business needs with the benefits of Customer.io.
Some things you'll do
- Qualify inbound leads who come in via forms on the company website, a trial, or customer referral. Communicate via phone, chat, and emails to establish account relationship.
- Engage new leads at lightning speed when they're most engaged in finding a solution to their problems.
- Uncover business needs and pain points that Customer.io can help to resolve.
- Research and lead score new inbound leads, and plan your engagement strategy accordingly.
- Demonstrate ability to manage the sales cycle, and convert prospects from one stage to the next.
- Schedule online demos for qualified prospects with the Account Executive team.
- Explain features and benefits of the products or services we offer.
- Communicate effectively with our Account Executive sales team to give and receive feedback on lead quality, so we're consistently sourcing better leads that Customer.io can help.
- Provide basic reporting of present key metrics, trends, and administrative commitments for management.
- 1+ years inside or outside sales experience in a technology environment. Special consideration may be given to candidates with experience in the B2B SaaS.
- Proven track record of quota and goal achievement.
- You're the face of the company to our customers. You care about having a tidy appearance and coming across as a professional.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as a professional and engaging phone presence.
- Ability to identify customer business needs in order to recommend relevant solutions.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Expertise using CRM and web-based conferencing systems.
What we're looking for
- You're a great listener and are able to understand and articulate complex ideas succinctly.
- You are motivated to over-perform, on the back of delivering tangible value and superlative experiences to your customers.
- You are competitive and have high expectations of your performance.
- You are intelligent and curious. You're able to do independent research to identify the right value proposition to present to the right contacts in the right accounts.
- You have a high-energy approach to work and an eagerness to learn.
- You embrace learning, value feedback and work to improve every day.
- You are comfortable working EST or GMT time zone hours.
Our mission at Customer.io is to power automated communication that people like to receive. Today over 2,300 internet businesses use Customer.io to manage, send, and track performance of email, SMS, and push notifications. Unlike typical marketing platforms, Customer.io helps businesses increase relevance by using behavioral data: what people do or don’t do when logged in to a web or mobile app.
We are offering a starting salary of $50,000 USD + OTE depending on experience and subject to market rate.
Benefits at Customer.io include:
- 20 days PTO - we offer 20 vacation days (in addition to holidays and sick days) so that you can unwind, unplug, and recharge
- 100% medical, dental, vision, and supplemental insurance for you and your dependents
- 6 weeks paid parental leave - for birth, adoption, or foster care
- Health and wellness allowance - Up to $200 USD per month that can be used for your healthy living needs, including gym membership, acupuncture, massage, or bike repairs
- Home office stipend - Up to $2,000 USD to help you get your home office set up so you can do your best work
- Internet + cell phone reimbursement - Up to $200 USD per month for your internet and cell phone plans
- Co-working space reimbursement - Up to $300 USD per month for those times you'd prefer to work in a co-working environment
- Learning + development - Up to $2,000 USD reimbursement per year to use on conferences, books, classes, or workshops - anything that will help you develop your skills
- 1 month paid sabbatical after four years at Customer.io - to treat yourself to a vacation, or spend however you choose
- Company retreats twice a year - we typically get together IRL every spring and fall, but most recently had an amazing virtual retreat!
- Flexible schedule, work anywhere you want! - as long as you have a reliable internet connection and some overlapping work time with your manager, you can work where and when you want
All final candidates will be asked to complete an employment and education verification authorization form (which allows us to verify your job history and education listed on your resume) as part of our pre-employment process.
Customer.io recognizes the stifling impact of systemic injustice on diverse communities. We commit to using our influence to increase inclusion and equity within the tech industry. We strive to build an inclusive team culture, implement bias-free hiring practices, and develop community partnerships to expand our global impact.
Check out our careers page for more information about why you should come work with us! We are passionate about our core values of Empathy, Transparency, Responsibility, and Awkwardness and are looking for new coworkers to share and build that passion!
How to apply
Apply at the link below by Monday, January 11 and tell us why you're interested in the position! In your cover letter, be sure to tell us the title of the last book you read. There is no advantage to applying early so put your best foot forward. We plan to respond to all applicants by Wednesday, January 13 with a status update about your application.
Here's what you can expect from our hiring process:
- 30 minute video call with our Recruiter & Onboarding Specialist
- 30 - 45 minute video call with the Hiring Manager
- 30 minute video call with two team leads
- Approximately one week to complete a Sales related homework assignment
- 30 minute final video call with the Hiring Manager