Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
The quickly-growing Intelligence Team strives to be the industry leader in operational threat intelligence produced to enable Red Canary, our customers, and the community to make better decisions. We work to make the intelligence we share actionable and impactful for detection and response as we continue to push the boundaries in close cooperation with security operations, threat research, and engineering.
Organizations face many threats and the threat landscape is constantly changing. The Red Canary Intelligence Team conducts in-depth analysis to provide context and help prioritize where to focus detection and response efforts. You will play an integral part in helping lead the team as it continues growing to meet these goals.
What You'll Do
- Manage, mentor, and coach a team of multiple Intelligence Analysts, Malware Analysts, and/or Intelligence Engineers. Assist team members on prioritization and completion of tasks.
- Assist the Director of Intelligence with the team’s strategic planning and goal-setting.
- Help to ensure overall team engagement, morale, and career growth.
- Serve as a mentor and teacher to those wanting to learn more about intelligence analysis.
- Suggest new methods, processes, and products that the team could adopt to help us achieve our mission and improve our workflows.
- Investigate raw telemetry, potential malicious activity, and confirmed threat detections for the purpose of identifying threats, providing context, and informing decisions about detection and response. Perform open and closed source research to associate the suspicious activity and confirmed threats we observe to known threats.
- Produce intelligence reports and communicate actionable insights based on analysis, both internally and externally to customers and the community.
- Respond to customer questions about threats to help them understand their threat model, what matters to their organization, and what actions they can take in response to various threats.
What You'll Bring
- Experience leading teams. Experience managing remote workers is preferred.
- A preparedness for new challenges as part of a rapidly evolving team and fast growing company.
- A desire to work collaboratively with, coach, and mentor Intelligence Analysts, Malware Analysts, and/or Intelligence Engineers as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, operational environment and successfully prioritize important tasks when faced with constantly changing priorities based on new threats.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate technical concepts in a clear, succinct fashion to subject matter and non-subject matter experts alike.
- Familiarity with the mechanics of endpoint behaviors, telemetry, and MITRE ATT&CK ®.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to synthesize complex and contradictory information.
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR), or other security focused roles, preferred.
- Experience working with Endpoint Detection & Response (EDR) tools, preferred.
Targeted base salary range: $145,000 - $175,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.