With so many companies transitioning to remote work, we are growing quickly and require a well rounded Management Accountant to join the team.
You’ll be a management accountant reporting into the Finance Manager and will help us through a really busy period as we expand and grow.
You will be a qualified accountant with strong technical skills and experience in management accounts. You will demonstrate strong communication skills and will be prepared to roll your sleeves up to contribute to all things Finance.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
The key thing here is that we are a Series A rapidly growing startup where the Finance function is still taking shape. You will be responsible for the fundamentals of the numbers along with all the usual stuff a Management Accountant in a SaaS style start up does. Which, to be clear looks like this:
Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable
- Work with our Payroll team to ensure complete and accurate customer invoicing and client employee payments.
- Process and manage all supplier payments including accurate recording of prompt payment aged payable reporting.
- Collaborate with Payroll to ensure accurate reflection of salaries and benefits for both internal and external employees.
- Reconciliation of all transactions associated with these processes.
- Manage accounts receivable and credit control as required.
- Be responsible for the month end management accounting, including multi-currency reporting for the UK parent and its subsidiaries.
- Work closely with the payroll team and external accounting functions to ensure accurate and complete reporting of revenue and cost.
- Contribute to the development of the Finance function by identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Ensure complete and accurate balance sheet positions are maintained, and are supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Statutory Compliance and Taxation
- Facilitate year end for the UK parent and its foreign subsidiaries.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure any indirect tax returns that fall due are completed, filed and paid on time.
You’ve done all of these things..
- Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- A qualified member of an accountancy body with 1-2 years’ qualified experience
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and specifically FRS102 advantageous
- Experience with Xero advantageous but not essential
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
You are the sort of person that..
- Is committed to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Has excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Loves to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes, identifying and using modern (online) solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation, replacing manual human interaction wherever possible
- Is self-driven problem solver, who always puts the team before themselves
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world - We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.