Beat is one of the most exciting companies to ever come out of the ride-hailing space. One city at a time, all across the globe we make transportation affordable, convenient, and safe for everyone.
Today we are the fastest-growing ride-hailing service in Latin America and part of the international FreeNow Group owned by Daimler. But serving millions of rides every day pales in comparison to what lies ahead. Our plans for expansion are limitless. Our stellar engineering team operates across a number of European capitals where, right now, some of the world’s most ambitious and talented People are changing how cities will move in the future.
Beat’s footprint is rapidly expanding with current service in Greece, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Argentina. Our global headquarters are in Athens and we are building our European headquarters in Amsterdam to attract the best talent in the world.
About the role.
As a Lead User Experience Researcher, you’ll provide actionable and meaningful data-driven insights that represent the voice of multiple users. You will be part of the UX team, setting up research processes and evangelizing for UX, collaborating with our teams of product managers, designers, engineers but also LatAm-based stakeholders to create useful, empathetic, and delightful products. Comment end You’ll evaluate current and upcoming user research needs that help to improve product definition and drive business goals.
Your work will arguably have the most humanizing effect on the design process by:
- Understanding the problem or challenge at hand
- Applying a variety of methods and approaches, like interviews, journey and empathy mapping, surveys, usability assessments, A/B testing and data analysis to find out how our users tick in the context of this problem and uncover market needs
- Listening, observing, and asking the right questions to gather insights that can be turned into actionable ideas
- Communicating your findings in clear, actionable, and engaging ways, connecting insights to teams to integrate them into user experiences and product roadmaps.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop well-crafted research plans with clear research objectives.
- Recruit targeted end-users for specific research studies.
- Moderate one-on-one basic usability sessions.
- Help develop and implement quantitative surveys.
- Conduct stakeholder and clients interviews.
- Translate user insights into actionable recommendations for the product team.
- Help update and maintain user personas to gain more empathy and communicate insights across the teams.
- Work closely with the product team to identify research objectives.
- Own the User Research roadmap and Research library
- Establish and implement an overall research strategy.
- Facilitate and participate in workshops, making sure teams ideate with user empathy in mind
- Starting from our diverse global user-base to test designs remotely and in different cultural contexts.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Contribute to the development of Design Research capability across the organisation through creating and reviewing processes, workshops, trainings, guides and hiring initiatives.
This role is for you if:
- Have a deep understanding of Human Centered Design
- You understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research, throughout the entire product development life-cycle
- You can easily flex between ‘Qualitative vs. Quantitative’, ‘Strategic vs. Tactical’ and ‘Moderated vs. Unmoderated’ types of research.
- Have been working with consumer software and you are comfortable launching and iterating quickly, utilizing data/metrics.
- Have managed projects involving cross-functional teams, applying critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have successfully demonstrated connecting generative and evaluative research insights to core business goals
- You are a fluent Spanish and English speaker
- Have experience in recruiting participants, conducting interviews and performing desk research
- You are able to lead large usability projects, liaising with recruiters, internal staff, stakeholders and team to bring together effective and efficient research.
- You drive the overall quality of work through constructive critiques and reviews, encouraging high performance and creative solutions.
- You have exceptional communication and storytelling skills; fluency and confidence in inspiring teammates and partners with user-driven rationale.
- Have a degree in Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Sociology or related discipline
- Have at least 5 plus years experience in the field of user experience research and design.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full-time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program.
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button.
- Breakfast, high-quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools, Spanish Lessons
- Working in a hyper-growth environment, you will enjoy numerous learning and career development opportunities
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry.
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion