We are seeking an experienced lead systems engineer with expertise in graphics development. This engineer should be a self-starter with a knack for delivering efficient solutions that quickly solve the problem at hand. The main focus of this role will be to develop new lightfield architecture for our products, with emphasis on the graphics pipeline. This is a position on the influential and intensely cross-functional Systems Engineering team. Systems is a diverse organization of hardware and software engineers. The team and this role touch every aspect of Magic Leap’s product. This role reports to the Principal Systems Architect - Lightfield.
- Lead the prototyping and bring up of graphics pipeline architectures that optimally leverage novel display hardware to deliver compelling Mixed Reality experiences.
- Participate in ideation and evaluation of cloud rendering technologies.
- Work cross-functionally with the Graphics, Optics, Electrical and Embedded engineering teams to support the productization of lightfield systems that employ novel graphics pipelines and algorithms.
- Support teams and organizations across the entire company to root cause and solve hardware/software graphics issues.
- Work with Human Vision Scientists to determine end to end requirements for various graphical display systems.
- Participate in defining validation and verification applications for graphics stacks.
- Write elegant, maintainable, reusable code to develop high quality prototype/demo/test applications and graphics simulators.
- Build and release custom versions of our software stack.
- Strong background in all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
- Hands-on experience with design, implementation and optimization of modern 3D graphics applications using modern rendering APIs, like DirectX, OpenGL, and Vulkan
- 2+ years of experience architecting rendering pipelines.
- Detailed knowledge of GPU Architectures and design a plus.
- Good understanding of display interfaces and display technologies.
- Working understanding of display optics and electro-optical systems.
- Good understanding of compression technologies.
- Basic understanding of Human Visual System in context of Mixed Reality Systems is a plus
- Expert in C/C++ programming languages in a production environment.
- Proven experience developing prototype software for spatial computing is a plus.
- Ability to rapidly learn new computer languages and systems.
- Self-directed, energetic, proactive, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be confident in a highly dynamic and creative environment.
- Comfortable with Agile.
- Relevant B.S degree (CS, EE, Physics, ME) + 5 years experience. M.S. or Ph.D is a plus.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.