As a Lead Engineer in the Cloud Platform team, you’ll be responsible for the architecture, design and development of mission critical, highly scalable secure, multi-tenant cloud services. This is a very high visibility role with a significant impact and in this role, you’ll be collaborating with multiple software development teams, program and release management, operations and customer care teams on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with software, program and release management, operations, customer care and external partner teams to design and implement secure, highly scalable cloud services that support the operation of and remote management of the Magic Leap device
- Work closely with program, leadership and release management teams to handle software update rollouts to Magic Leap devices and all aspects of remote device management
- Architect, design and develop some of the mission critical cloud services for factory operations team
- Write unit, integration and load tests
- Work closely with our DevOps engineers to continually deploy and verify new releases
- 7+ years’ experience designing high-performance, secure, multi-tenant cloud services
- Experience with a variety of SQL and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB or Redis
- Experience deploying and scaling high-traffic services using Amazon and/or Google cloud
- Proficiency in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Elixir/Erlang, NodeJS, Java or C++
- Familiarity with Linux, shell-scripting, git and network protocols
- Experience with cloud security, authentication and authorization in the cloud, including secrets management is a plus
- Familiarity with best practices in IoT device management is a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.