HICX is a leading worldwide provider of enterprise SaaS solutions for digital supplier management. Learn more about HICX
We are looking to expand our Product team, by adding a highly capable and motivated Senior UX designer to help us deliver a cutting edge, modern and intuitive user experience. This role will give you the opportunity to create and improve an industry-leading B2B SaaS platform leading the charge in procure tech space.
What we need
We’re looking for a dedicated, passionate, and user-focused Senior UX Designer to help bring our UI/UX experience to the next level and set the benchmark in the B2B SaaS procure tech space.
Working closely with the development team, and reporting directly to the VP of Product Management, you will be responsible for auditing and defining the UX strategy and UI style of the platform. Guided by the Northstar vision of the organization, you will directly shape and improve the user experience for the entire product, making it more intuitive and fluid.
- Work closely with the product team to identify users’ needs and understand how users consume and navigate content
- Carry out an assessment of existing product and identify areas for improvement
- Plan and design the UX strategy/processes for the desktop and mobile experience; what information should go where? Which elements are more important and should be given priority?
- Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive user interfaces
- Create use cases and flow diagrams, and define information hierarchies
- Rapid creation of working prototypes or mock-ups for demonstration or pre-sales purposes
- Communicate design solutions to engineers and stakeholders
- At least 5+ years of consumer UX design experience
- Highly developed design skills with proven experience as a UX Designer, UI Designer or similar role
- Fluent in user-centered design best practices
- Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
- Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams as the experienced design lead
- Knowledge of industry tools: Presentation programs (Keynote, Powerpoint); UX design programs (Sketch, Adobe)
- A a command of contemporary design tools including Sketch and Invision
- Experience contributing to, or establishing, style guides for B2B SaaS platform experiences
- Great communication skills with the ability to work directly with engineers when needed. Able to effectively articulate what problems you’re solving through your design decisions
- Experience and are comfortable validating concepts through research, low and high-fidelity prototyping, and user testing
- An ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision, while recognizing how your work impacts it
- Self-drive, and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Start-up experience or mentality a plus. Ability to jump in where needed and expand the role.
- (Bonus)Experience working with Product Management teams to influence wireframes and functional specs.