Numbrs is a cutting edge technology company developing a smart personal finance application available for iOS and Android. Numbrs is one of the most used finance apps in Germany and was recently launched in the UK. Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), we are able to offer intelligent and breakthrough features that allow our users to manage their finances easier, faster and smarter.
We are building a remote team of multidisciplinary experts that are passionate about making a world-changing impact. We've built a hardworking and engaging remote culture that combines the best of scientific cutting edge technology with a product-focused environment, offering an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Head of Software Engineering to join our remote engineering team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
As Head of Software Engineering, you lead and manage our software development teams. You are responsible to build and maintain a world-class software engineering culture and develop Numbrs as a great place to work. You have the responsibility for project planning and project controlling. You oversee all aspects of the software engineering department to deliver projects with a strong execution-oriented attitude to meet strict deadlines.
With continuous synchronization across multiple departments, you ensure that the product is built according to all requirements. You are responsible that the highest quality guidelines are applied throughout the software development department. You identify and implement measures to improve efficiency, automation possibilities, tools, and processes.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- a Bachelor’s or higher degree in the technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- a minimum of 10 years experience in leading engineering positions within fast-paced and fast-evolving environments in technology-driven companies
- strong technical background in software development with hands-on experience with Java, and Go or C++
- excellent knowledge with architecting, developing, evolving, and troubleshooting large scale and complex distributed systems
- hands-on management experience building engineering teams and scaling organizations to deliver and maintain complex systems
- exceptional organizational talent, able to set priorities and work under pressure
- high-quality standards for every work output
- the direct and straightforward style of communication
- excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- experience with API design and third-party system integrations
- excellent knowledge with iOS and Android platforms, and microservice-based architectures
- experience managing a mixture of remote and on-site team members
What we offer:
- An opportunity to change the world and work with some of the smartest and the most talented experts from different fields.
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want
- Flexible time off 25+ holiday days