Here at Mavenoid, we’re building a platform for *technical* support of *physical* products. Many of the world’s most iconic brands use Mavenoid to help their customers install, use, and troubleshoot everything from consumer electronics and home appliances to industrial robots and drones. With $10 million in funding from leading venture capital firms, we’re redefining tech support. Founded in 2017 by a team from Palantir and Google, today we have offices in New York and Stockholm, but are a virtual first company with Mavens located all over the US and Europe.
As Head of Sales, you will be fully responsible for increasing our recurring revenue. We can do many different things but can only win with the right new clients and relationships. We’re looking for a creative sales leader who can wrestle with abstract technical concepts and thrive in an engineering culture.
- Recruit an epic team. Focus on reaching out to the very best people, not processing inbound applications. Ask your network for leads, take candidates to virtual/physical coffee, search for potential hires on LinkedIn, whatever it takes.
- Help your team win business. Advise reps on their current deals, review pipelines, point out obstacles, and identify opportunities.
- Relentlessly tweak the sales process and tactics. Create sales scripts, email templates, and reusable demo agendas; perfect the stages of the sales process; understand which features speak to which prospects; and much more.
- Define strategy. Ask and answer questions like “How can we upsell and cross-sell existing customers? Which verticals or industries should we target next? What’s the most effective way to spend our budget.
- Close needle-moving deals yourself. Jump in, get your hands dirty, and close some major deals yourself.
- You have a successful track record in B2B sales at a SaaS startup.
- You have built ateam before, and hired at least 2 reps that have performed exceptionally well.
- You know how to sell at the $10k-100k price point, and can flex above that.
- You're a great people manager and teacher.
- You're collegial. You play well with other company leaders and strive to do what is right for the company even if it’s not in your own best interest.
- You have strong communication skills. You're effective at communicating across the company, especially with marketing. You consistently get other leaders and founders on board with team changes, promotions, road maps, and goals. You're able to understand underlying issues and communicate them within your team, our clients, and our board.
- You think strategically and holistically about the sales function.