HICX delivers extraordinary value to some of the largest companies in the world by fixing one of the most challenging problems they face.
Mega-brands like Mondelez, Baker Hughes, EDF, and BAE Systems use HICX to help create the best possible relationships with their suppliers for shared success, and we want everyone to know.
As Head of PR, you’ll be responsible for the full PR strategy. This will include, but is not limited to, our PR objectives and how we measure success, the decision over whether we need an agency (there’s a budget allocated) and what we need them to do, our target media list, our PR "style" building on our recently completed brand book, and how media coverage can contribute to our continued success.
However, this position is considerably bigger than a traditional media-centric PR role.
We’re looking for someone that can take new themes and build compelling, innovative, and multi-threaded campaigns that appeal not only to media but also to other stakeholders, including potential and existing customers, partners, analysts, and more. This could include commissioning primary research, working with academics, analysts, or other influencers, delivering via channels such as video or podcast or something else. The point is, it’s not limited to writing and placing press releases, although we’ll need that too.
You’ll need to become something of an expert in what we do – not so much about the product, but more about how customers derive value from it. And you’ll be part of a team that’s already disrupting the procurement technology market – for example, see where Kearney places HICX in their recently published Procurement Tech Innovation Map https://bit.ly/3b7t6cU
PR is going to be a key element in HICX's success in the coming years and we’re looking for someone to lead from the front.
- Own the PR strategy and execute it. Define the objectives and the strategy and tactics to deliver on these; obtain stakeholder buy-in and execute against it. This is full ownership of the PR function and while you will report to the CMO, you’ll be leading PR for the company.
- Campaigns. Define and execute compelling, multi-channel campaigns that communicate the HICX vision and positioning to a wide audience that includes media and other influencers and stakeholders.
- Media relations. Full ownership of media relations for HICX. Define strategy and policy; roll-out company guidelines, own the HICX TOV for media, and develop a high-quality media list and set of go-to journalists and publications in support of your media strategy
- HICX Spokespeople – agree upon and work with a set of company spokespeople to help spread the HICX vision broadly. Be responsible for speaker preparation and training and develop spokesperson-specific strategies to increase the visibility of HICX and the individuals.
- Awards and industry recognition. Identify the right industry awards for HICX and own the plan to increase our visibility via such awards
- Budget – full ownership of the significant PR budget including scope for agency support, tools, and a campaign budget.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- At least five years’ experience in a PR / comms role
- Consideration will be given to PR experience gained in a broad range of environments, but the perfect candidate will probably have experience in:
- B2B technology
- Large enterprise software (complex solutions for billion-dollar customers)
- A mix of client and agency-side, but more of the former
- Demonstrable experience of having set company-level PR strategy in an SMB, or division-level in a larger organization, or the clear potential to do so
- Solid media relations core skills
- Multi-channel campaign experience, in particular to multiple audience types
- Sound budgeting and supplier management skills and experience
- Good understanding of modern marketing attribution tracking and how a PR strategy should align and integrate
- International experience highly desirable
- Excellent attention to detail
- A completer finisher mindset
- Genuine self-starter
- Willingness to push boundaries
- Smart and capable of getting to grips with a complex tech solution
What we offer
- Opportunity to make a significant and highly visible personal contribution within a fast-growing, category-creating SaaS organization, aiming to IPO in the next 5 years.
- Genuine ownership of the PR function in a fast-growing business in an industry that delivers true business value
- Remote and flexible working arrangements
- Competitive package and company equity