We're a friendly group of designers, developers, testers and marketers having a great time building themes at ThemeIsle, sharing the best content at CodeinWP and straight-up innovating with Optimole.
Make it easy for anyone in the world to launch & grow their online presence, through education, high-quality products, and reliable support.
We're looking for an experienced leader that will spearhead efforts to develop an innovative, inclusive, and systematic People function. You’ll have an extensive background building, maintaining, and improving People programs and infrastructure that attracts, supports, develops, and retains a top-tier, mission-driven distributed workforce.
You’ve spent 3+ years in People Operations, strategy, or a comparable role ideally in a small/medium size company. You’re excited about building a high-performing company culture and you’re not only skilled at designing large-scale strategic initiatives, but also at getting your hands dirty and getting things done.
- Understand our company’s mission, vision, and values and use them to define, document, and operationalize our people philosophy; translating fundamental principles into concrete best practices
- Act as a strategic advisor to company leadership as well as an approachable People-leader who is seen as the point of contact within the company for all things people-related
- Develop and maintain programs for employee onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, long-term organizational planning, and individual contributor and manager/executive learning & development
- Lead and own all ongoing programming related to professional development, feedback cycles, and career growth for all employees
- Create a comprehensive compensation and leveling strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies
- Proactively and empathetically address workplace and personnel issues – including resolving difficult interpersonal and employee retention issues
- 3 years of experience working as an HR manager or in a similar position preferred
- Strong analytical and project management skills and a proven ability to design clear process
- Show an ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique approach.
- You’ve excelled as a people manager and love to mentor and coach—both directly and indirectly.
- You’re driven by the numbers and able to structure quantitative & qualitative data to measure, track, and derive insights. You’re comfortable diving deep into unstructured environments and coming back with order and analysis. You have great attention to detail and think critically about the cross-functional nature of the questions you look to answer
- Tech-savvy. You like to create efficiencies with technology, you’ve hacked together your own systems to create efficiencies in your daily operating rhythm.
- Biased for action. Working for a small company is exciting to you and you thrive when there is a little bit of ambiguity in the air. You don’t wait for direction, you seize the opportunity and want to be on a team that thinks the same way.