Do you have a soft spot for profitable companies with a meaningful, globally used and loved digital product? Are you based in Europe? Would you like to work within a compact, super-capable team in a refreshing work environment? Would you like to work on an application that is changing the way we learn and communicate? Drops could be the place for you.
Remote, permanent, full-time (40h/week) position
Our goal at Drops is to ensure effective language learning through a delightful, seamless, gamified experience. We strive to be the #1 app for vocabulary learning. Our app has been live on the App Store for 4 years, covering 42 languages, serving over 27 million users across the globe and has been featured on both the App Store (App of the Day) and Play Store (App of the Year in 2018). Drops has also been featured by TechCrunch, FastCo, Forbes, CNN, Bloomberg, VentureBeat and many, many more. In short, we’re a tiny but very powerful team spread (mostly) across Europe, achieving great things the remote way! In December 2020, Drops was acquired by Kahoot!, the world’s leading game-based learning platform.
PLEASE READ REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING.
Lead the development of monetization strategy and goal setting across the Drops digital platform. Develop and maintain the app monetization feature pipeline and promotions calendar while collaborating with Product, Marketing and cross-functional teams to craft, implement, measure, analyze and report on all monetization opportunities. This role offers an exciting opportunity to lead monetization strategy and infrastructure across an award-winning digital platform used by millions of people around the world.
Must have 5+ years of experience in monetization for a digital or app-based company. We will not accept applicants without this base requirement.
We are not looking for a sales lead, we are looking for a business analyst-minded role to lead our app monetization strategy.
🦹♀️ 🦹♂️ Skills and experience You have:
- 5+ years of experience of app monetization or quantitative role in an app-based company.
- Excellent understanding of user acquisition, retention and monetization concepts covering the consumer app market and the consumer itself
- Working with data and design to drive previously uncharted revenue opportunities
- Experience in line management and being accountable for a team representing / advocating for Monetization across a range of products
- Self-organising and a superb communicator
- Experience working with a metrics focused approach to measuring success
- Comfortable working alone and autonomously in a remote environment
- Experience working closely with engineering and technical leadership
- Love strategy but also crave hands-on product (and project) management
- Extensive experience in B2B
- Partnership and revshare experience
- Bonus points for experience in: Education sector, product marketing, UX/UI, user testing, language learning or gamification
The Macro/Micro breakdown:
Head of Monetization functions: (macro)
- Define a holistic monetization strategy which is in line with the company’s vision, with the goal of improving retention and increasing in-app and advertising revenue, while respecting the user experience
- Management of the “paywall”, including catalog and pricing strategy for the different in-app-purchase products
- Research and plan new monetization features and initiatives that will have a meaningful impact on revenue generation
- Develop and test hypotheses with our analyst to maximize lifetime ARPU of our customers throughout the world
- Overseeing, reviewing and improving the way the growth / monetization team is working
- Backlog management and weekly planning cycles
- Define KPIs related to monetization, analyse reports and share information with the company, spot and predict trends.
- Monitor trends on monetization in order to identify best practices, benchmark and analyse strategies of related products
- Manage and assign tasks to the growth / product team
Project management functions: (micro)
- Project preparation/research
- Project creation/writeup
- Project implementation and launch
- Measuring success in production
✨ What makes us different
- We’re a small team: we optimise for impact, not headcount
- We carefully consider tradeoffs: Always reviewing product, technology and processes that could lead to increased complexity
- We have a structured approach: Project management is key and we promote individual ownership
- We don’t believe in hierarchy: Autonomy, ownership, trust and passion are the secret ingredients behind Drops’ success. Clear, honest communication is the linchpin of our culture
- We’re big on AB testing
- We are looking for a missionary, not a mercenary
- 🌍 All the perks of remote working
- 👥 An awesomely compact 24 person team
- 🧠 Yearly educational allowance
- 💪 Fitness allowance
- 💻 High-end Apple hardware and ergonomic accessories
- 🏖 36 days of holiday per year
- ✈️ Quarterly team gathering somewhere in the world (Amsterdam, Iceland, Lisbon and Budapest were previous locations) - Once we can move freely of course