In addition to our systems and cloud infrastructures we operate a globally distributed network of 30,000 Raspberry Pi-based radio receivers, feeding real-time aircraft data into our platform.
We’re now looking for an experienced and hands-on Head of Infrastructure who is well versed in system administration, modern data center and cloud ops, and automation.
What you’ll do
- Lead a small team of infrastructure engineers through planning, coaching and mentoring, as well as hands-on participation in their work
- Maintain and evolve our system infrastructure based on a modern virtualized data center environment as well as AWS and Azure cloud services
- Continuously optimize the reliability and performance of on-prem and cloud infrastructure, including networking, virtualization, SAN and other storage
- Standardize and automate the provisioning of infrastructure resources via Infrastructure-as-Code, orchestration, and configuration management
- Collaborate with our development teams to deliver a highly performant and reliable live production platform, including scaling out of infrastructure and services to cloud platforms
- Ensure that your team members have the means and the environment to do meaningful, fun, efficient, and effective work
- Be an active member of the engineering leadership and collaborate with other leaders in the team and the organization
- Work with our tech stack, including: Linux, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis Cluster, RabbitMQ, Haproxy, Nginx, VMWare ESXi, Juniper network equipment, Dell hardware, Dell EMC SAN, Cloudflare, AWS, Azure, Datadog
Who you are
- Previous experience either as a team lead or technical lead is desirable, or similar roles involving leadership of people and projects
- Extensive professional experience in Linux system administration and operations, preferably on high throughput and low latency systems
- Hands-on experience with service orchestration, containerization, automation, scripting, and configuration management
- Cloud experience, preferably including AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and relevant services
- Experience with virtualization on bare-metal hardware (we use VMWare ESXi), and comfortable with hardware and equipment in data centers
- Some networking experience, e.g. switch and firewall configuration and routing, is desirable
- Experience with transforming growing environments of large-scale systems, including migration to modern architectures
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written. Comfortable working in a distributed team of multiple nationalities
With over 2 million daily users, Flightradar24 is the world’s most popular flight tracking service. Our app regularly tops the App Store and Google Play charts and our data is regularly cited by major media worldwide. We also offer a wide range of commercial services and customers include many of the largest names in aviation, including airlines, airports and manufacturers.
We're constantly adding new services and improving existing products. To help us meet those challenges, we're looking for creative, collaborative and tech-savvy applicants to join us.
Benefits of working at Flightradar24 include:
- Opportunity to impact a service with millions of end users from all around the world
- Flexible and social work environment with free beverages, fruit, and snacks
- Modern office in the heart of beautiful downtown Stockholm, Sweden (right now however, everyone is working remotely until further notice)
- Being part of a diverse team with 15+ nationalities represented
Does this sound interesting but you want to know more? Just send us your questions via the button below. You can withdraw your interest at any time.