Are you passionate for everything esports? Do you have a deep understanding of traditional, new and emerging platforms used by gamers? Do you want to work in a role where you have the autonomy and remit to make a real difference? If yes, then this is, quite possibly, the role for you. The role will either form part of the leadership team for marketing in Luckbox, or potentially act as the overall lead for marketing.
What else is in it for you? You will be working within a globally dynamic and fast-paced environment where esports betting is done right. We are united by the mission to improve the gaming and esports scene by introducing a fully regulated and safe betting product. The group has recently closed CAD $6 million in financing and is expected to grow revenue by 2500% in the next 24 months.
What makes us different from other esports betting start-ups is our approach - we are building a product specifically for the competitive gaming audience in a fully regulated manner. Luckbox are breaking new grounds; with the future of gambling being very much in our capable hands and the world is starting to take note; we were very proud to be the recipient of the EGR 2020 Rising Star award.
Role & responsibilities:
- Drive our content strategy globally, owning the what, where and when.
- Set and drive ambitious KPIs and take ownership of marketing budgets allocated optimally across territories, channels, and marketing funnel
- Researching industry trends, insights expertise to create compelling, engaging and valuable content
- Work with internal and external contributors to create high impact and unique content
- Raise awareness of how Luckbox products can enrich the gaming experience for players
- Build and execute a methodical testing framework to assess value of content, channel by channel and piece by piece
- Determine the ROI spend
- Gain deep understanding of regulation impacting the can do and can’t do’s inline with our license
- Responsible for all content marketing including strategy, budget, KPIs, and end-to-end campaign management
- Work closely with our CEO and Director of Product to influence the Luckbox brand and set our aggressive growth strategy
- Own content calendar, working with performance marketing lead to acquire and retain players
- Continually review changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan and media mix when opportunities are identified
- Build out and mentor a frugal team of like-minded, data-driven marketing professionals to deliver a global and localized content strategy across suitable social channels
- Seasoned experience of developing content strategies and curating content for our demographic of users in heavily regulated, international digital environments (gambling, adult, dating, etc.); betting and gaming experience preferred but candidates with a proven track record in other high-growth, fast-paced industries will be considered
- Esports is a big part of your life, you know the lingo, and the idea of creating content about it is something that excites you
- Be an ambitious, intelligent, autonomous team player
- Not afraid to get hands dirty wearing any marketing ‘hat’ required at a fast-paced tech start up - willing to put in hard graft to build something industry dominating
- You are exceedingly data-driven: ROI focused, responsible for setting your own KPIs both overall and per campaign, seeking out the data to validate performance, and iterating accordingly
- Know how to maximize the SEO of your content without impacting the engagement
- Comfortable negotiating contracts, so partnership experience is crucial
- You “get” social, understand what channels work for millennials and gen Z, are interested in content marketing, stay up to date about the latest social media tactics, and know what makes a story travel
- Excellent understanding of the behaviors of our target market – esport fans who enjoy a bet
- Familiar with the full extent of TTL marketing and digital acquisition channels (social, influencer, content, sponsorship, reddit, etc.)
- People-centric focus with experience of building and leading high-performing teams
- We're hugely committed to growing and developing our internal talent and you will share that passion
- Business level proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience working in, the global esports market
- Experience in the gambling/gaming industry
- Growth mindset - you will always be looking at new and creative approaches to your work
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in Business/Marketing
- An expansive network within the esports community
- Experience cultivating dedicated fan communities
- Proven experience managing a brand communications strategy
- Experience of working across multiple markets and localizing campaigns per market
- You can name drop which journalists you are on a text-based relationship with and who follow you back on Twitter. You have a strong roster of media relationships and contacts and have a strong curiosity to build relationships with new contacts and can do it with ease
For the right candidate we are happy for the this role to be based remotely (European time zone), we are also happy for it to based in either of our BG or Isle of Man offices. Occasional travel to the Isle of Man, UK and/or within the EU may be required.
Inclusion comes naturally to us, we are obsessive about finding the best talent; regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. We are committed to creating a working environment where our people can be themselves and flourish.