At PostHog, we are looking for multiple Full Stack Software Engineers to join our growing Engineering team.
We are a small (but growing) remote team building an open source platform that empowers customers to create successful products.
Until now, tools for building products have been fragmented, Product analytics, heat maps, session recording and A/B testing all provide immense value, but existing tools weren’t natively built to work together.
PostHog is different by offering these tools (and more) in a single platform that customers can host themselves.
We started PostHog as part of Y Combinator’s W20 cohort and had the most successful B2B software launch on HackerNews since 2012 - with a product that was just 4 weeks old.
We are proudly backed by some of the world’s top investors and believe in product-led growth, where we build something awesome and let your product bring the users, rather than an outbound sales team and regular cold calls.
We have a lot of capital, but we’re a lean, strong team - so you’ve got the opportunity to have a huge impact.
Please note - we are required to add a location to job ads, PostHog is a fully-remote company and you can work from anywhere.
Here's how you'll be contribution to our Engineering Team:
- Our roadmap for 2021 focuses on three things - creating a solid core product that's easy to use, ensuring the best developer platform for event-based analytics and setting PostHog up to service huge volumes
- We keep cycles very short. There is a roadmap session every two weeks - each developer suggests what they want to build to have the most significant impact, then they do just that. You choose what you focus on, and you are responsible for tests, user feedback, and tracking.
- The technical challenge here is designing a highly scalable product right out of the box when deployed on premise, supporting a wide breadth of features that give users superpowers, and enabling an ecosystem of contributors and plugins from anyone in the world so PostHog becomes a true platform.
- You will be working directly with our customers. We have a customer slack group and we received a lot of Pull Requests from users every week.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- We are open source - building a huge community around a free-for-life product is key to PostHog's strategy. We default to transparency with everything we work on.
- Work autonomously and maximize your impact - we won’t tell you what to do, you will choose what to work on next based on what is going to have the biggest impact on our customers
- Solve big problems - we haven't built our defining feature yet. We are all about acting fast, innovating and iterating.
- Be flexible in how and where you work
What you'll bring:
- You have experience with relevant technologies (Python or similar, React or similar, something to do with big data is a bonus)
- You have started a project from scratch. You might have been a founder previously, have built an impressive side project or led on a project in our day job.
- You are passionate about product and user experience – customers are at the heart of everything you do
- You have strong communication skills. We document everything, most of it publicly, so you will need to have strong communication skills.
- You move fast, have a strong bias to action and you don’t shy away from treading on toes.
What we offer in return:
- Generous, transparent compensation and equity in PostHog
- Unlimited, permissionless vacation with a 25 day minimum
- Private health insurance including dental and vision provided for our team in the UK
- Pension contributions
- Generous parental leave
- Training budget and free books
- $200/month budget towards co-working or café working
- Quarterly get-together with the team (once Covid allows us to travel)
- Carbon offsetting for work travel with Project Wren
Please note that benefits vary slightly by country. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask our team.
Sold? Apply now and tell us:
- How you can achieve the above in a few sentences
- Why you're drawn to us
- Your resumé and/or LinkedIn
Not sold? Learn more first
- How we hire
- We ask for your best work, and in return pay generously and have exceptional benefits
- Learn about the team you'd be working with
- Getting hiring right is key to diversity. Learn about how we think about this.
We believe people from diverse backgrounds, with different identities and experiences, make our product and our company better. No matter your background, we'd love to hear from you! Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!