As a member of our “machine” team you will be working on the heart of our product – the video and screen sharing technology. After being fully onboarded into our team, you will be able to define the technical requirements for different product features, pick the best technology for the use case and develop new services from scratch. Of course you will also work together with the team improving the current code base in the backend as well as in the frontend.
Current tech stack:
Frontend: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS, Pug
Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Redis
Microservices: Ruby, Node.js
Infrastructure: Google Cloud, AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
Monitoring: ELK, Loki, Grafana
Fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code quality, testing, and deploying
Current tech stack:
- Frontend: Vue.js, Webpack, SCSS, Pug
- Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgresql, Redis
- Microservices: Ruby, Node.js
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, AWS, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- Monitoring: ELK, Loki, Grafana
- Fully automated CI/CD pipelines for code quality, testing, and deploying
- Help us scale video conferencing: You are responsible for developing new features and improving existing ones in the video conferencing and screen sharing part of our product. This includes microservices for recording, rendering, and conferencing.
- Develop within all parts of the stack: Your job will be mainly focused on the backend, but you are always happy to help out with frontend development or code reviews.
- Write beautiful code: You document well and and see the importance of testing. Due to your previous experience you are able to break down tasks and execute them in an efficient way.
- Constant learning: You are excited by technical challenges and are always on the lookout for new technologies. With your curiosity you are always searching for the best technology for each use case and pick up new languages and frameworks fast.
- You help anyone in the team succeed: You make effective and successful work possible by clear and honest communication in order to develop a shared understanding of the long-term vision and immediate next actions. When you don’t fully understand something, you ask lots of questions and use the opportunity to learn and grow.
- ~3 years professional experience in Web Development working with python or ruby (node.js beneficial)
- Ideally previous experience in ruby (extensive experience in python is also fine, you will pick up ruby fast)
- At least one project working with distributed systems
- Profound knowledge of how to set up efficient systems for scaling
- Experience working on a product with a high number of users
- Ideally previous experience in real time applications
- Desire for high code quality and system security through automation, unit testing and structured code reviews
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors & angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a state of the art tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, and a professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting platform with the vision to enable anyone to have great customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything beyond video calling and local desktop sharing.
In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's still needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data.
We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools.
Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco, Munich or fully remote.