On behalf of Whereby, we are looking for a passionate Front-end/Full-stack Developer to join their Activation team.
Whereby is on a mission to give people the freedom to live and work where the thrive. By making it possible to collaborate as well over video as you can in real life, they want to give you the choice to work from where your life happens. For their 70 team members, and also for their customers, they know that the ability to decouple location from work can be life changing. You can afford the house you want, spend less time commuting, be closer to nature and make sure that your children grow up seeing their grandparents every day. Everyone on the Whereby team enjoys the enormous benefits that a flexible work policy brings, and they truly believe the future of work will gravitate towards their vision of the future.
Their global HQ is in Oslo, Norway but their users (and team) are worldwide. They have over 70 team members scattered across more than 12 different locations. Their video conferencing tool is used by more than 5 million people worldwide and they are constantly building and releasing new products to facilitate remote work from anywhere. As an engineer at Whereby, you'll be part of a tight knit team that deploys code several times a day.
Engineering at Whereby
We are looking for a passionate front-end engineer that cares deeply about building excellent product experiences on Whereby's most viewed landing pages and early onboarding experiences. You have a passion for building thoughtful interactive components and a keep eye for design.
Your mission: Ensure that users get value from the product, working in a product squad to help new user activation and onboarding.
You'll be measured on:
- Uptime and reliability of the platform.
- Shipping new things on the Product roadmap (and sometimes seeing them fail!)
- Engineering efficiency (no bugs, time to deploy, code review quality)
- Peer reviews by other engineers and managers
- Work with designers, product managers, user researchers and other engineers discussing how new features and experiments can be built.
- Work closely with the team to built great experiences for new customers
- Make data-driven product changes that will have a lasting impact on Whereby’s product
- Build shiny new landing pages, product pages and features that attract new customers
- Setting up A/B tests to investigate how Whereby can accelerate growth, improve conversion rates and make users understand the product better
- You are interested in how end-users use our product, and make suggestions for how we can constantly improve the user experience
- Solve customer problems and validate design through user testing, limited rollouts and A/B tests.
- Working with Github and Amazon AWS infrastructure to deploy things as soon as they’re ready (or a little bit before)
- Review codes and give feedback and suggestions for how to improve code quality, security and scalability
- Taking part in demos and showing off work you are proud of
- You'll be working on our new Activation team, and your work and day-to-day priorities will be managed by our Product Manager Anish. You’ll report to one of our Engineering Leads and be part of the Engineering organization to ensure development of your technical skills.
- We offer career progression opportunities both for manager roles (Engineering Lead) and technical expert roles.
- We encourage developers to attend one course/conference event per year, and attend relevant events on a frequent basis.
- 3-5+ years of experience as a software engineer: Front-end, Full-stack or similar
- Have proven experience working with a SaaS product, both building and shipping features
- Have a great passion for user experience, an eye for design and interest in data
- Have the ability to develop code in a disciplined manner with proper documentation and structure
- Experience with conversion optimization, AB testing, analytics etc.
- Have a strong ability to be self-driven and take responsibility for seeing your tasks through to release
- You can work remotely from anywhere within the EU
- Salary range: 60 000 - 75 000 Eur/Year (depending on seniority)
- The role will report to Jamy, Engineering Lead of the Activation team
- Choose your own development machine and which tools to run on them
- Read more about Whereby's vision
We fundamentally believe talent is distributed to all of us in equal measure. We open our doors (physical or url) to everyone and we see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission.
This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.