10upVisit company site
Front End Engineer10up intends to hire a new Front End Engineer. If you have at least 3 years of experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field, consider applying.Job post found at jobs.lever.coApply for position
- Interpret designs and transform them into a polished rich cross-platform/device web experience.
- Write modular and performant HTML and CSS.
- Ability to make smart design decisions. Occasionally filling in gaps left by designers e.g. interpreting how a layout should be presented on small screens.
- Ability to rapidly prototype interfaces to finalize an experience in the browser as well as build long term scalable, maintainable, and performant production code.
- Visualize how a static design will be coded. Proactively flag challenging areas and offer alternatives, as well as identifying areas for greater code reuse.
- Ability to estimate work for a project and modularize goals into clearly defined, executable tasks.
- Effectively collaborate with designers throughout the design and engineering process.
- At least three years experience with front-end engineering, web development, web engineering, or a similar field.
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS including cross-browser compatibility and performance.
- Experience using Git.
- Proven ability to transform a static comp into a website from the ground up.
- Understanding of ad implementations in a responsive environment.
- Experience in task runners and bundlers like Webpack or Gulp.
- Experience with coded style guides and creating highly componentized systems.
- Experience with coding PHP, ideally for WordPress as a platform.
- Being collaborative, self-motivated, and an "always-learning" person, excited to create great web experiences.
Nice to have
- Experience with Sketch or Design Software.
- Advanced understanding of as implementations in a responsive environment.
- Moderate PHP experience.
- Experience with Gutenberg and building out custom blocks.
- Design experience or formal design education.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team.
- Experience and expertise with third party integrations and client-side APIs.
- Strong ability to communicate with client stakeholders, both technical and non-technical, about the impact of decisions around markup approach, cross-platform responsive interactions, performance, and topics like accessibility and internationalization.
- Code-based portfolio. Link us to your GitHub account, upload a .zip, or both (source files are helpful to get a sense of your code structure and file organization).
- Understanding of WCAG accessibility compliance. Ability to implement accessibility standards as well as audit existing websites.
- Ability to create and maintain React.js components.
10up has been making the web better by finely crafting websites and tools for content creators since 2011. With ~200 experts in digital strategy and management, software engineering, user experience and interactive design, cloud infrastructure, and audience and revenue optimization; we’re big enough to conquer any challenge, and small enough to care. 10up is committed to the ideal of a diverse and inclusive workplace, welcoming anyone and everyone who shares and lives our core business values. We look forward to connecting with you!