We are looking for a talented mid-level to senior Front-end Developer with Shopify or BіgCommerceexperience or willingness to learn these skills.
Type of employment
Remote freelance contractor (with a possibility for a future full-time employment in Kraków’s office).
What we offer
Tired of spending your valuable time dealing with clients directly, estimating, proposing, invoicing, and looking for clients whodisappear just when the bill is due? When you join our team as a freelance contractor, we’ll handle all of this for you.
- Work the hours that bestfit your schedule.
- Work from the comfort of your own home.
- We engage the clients and win the projects so that you can focus on your passion: creating amazing code.
- Start with an hourly rate of $25 USD / hour and work your way up to 35 USD / hour. (Most of our projects are hourly based, some have fixed budget.)
Note: Our job ads are aimed at developers from Central Europe. Consider whether you apply if you don't have a reasonable time overlap with CET
- Ability to deliver projects on time and with high-quality.
- Passion for development and continuous self-education in your area of expertise.
- Code samples showing all your relevant skills. Each code sample is a non-trivial example showing your best skills and knowledge.
- Good programming skills and knowledge of general principles (DRY, abstraction, KISS, code refactoring and optimization, etc).
- Consistent coding style and passion for well-organized, clean code.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of the Git version control system.
- Ability to work with the command line.
Front-end development skills
- Very good knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, Responsive Web Design, Performance Optimization
- Knowledge of at leastone of the frameworks (Angular, React, Vue) is a plus.
- Good knowledge of scalable and maintainable CSS methodologies (BEM, ITCSS) and CSS preprocessors:SCSSis preferred.
- Pixel precision and a basic aesthetics sense.
Shopify development skills
- At least 1-year experience with the Shopify platform and general experience with e-commerce.
- Good knowledge of Shopify Liquid template language.
- Experience with Shopify Slate and Theme Kit.
- Shopify certificates and courses are plus.
Note: If you don't have these skills yet, but would like to learn Shopify, let us know in the application form.
- At least 1-year experience with the BigCommerce platform and general experience with e-commerce.
- Experience with Stencil
- Big Commerce certificates are a plus
Note: If you don't have these skills yet, but would like to learn BigCommerce, let us know in the application form.
This is how our recruitment process works:
- We will check your application and code examples to see if you would be a good fit to our team.
- If you pass the initial screening, we will invite you to do a quick front-end and Shopify/BigCommerce code challenge.
- If you pass the challenge, we will invite you toa call interview(s) focused on technical skills and knowledge, and soft-skills.
- If you pass the interview(s), you will become a member of Xfive. Congratulations! :)
For more details check out our blog post How we hire great developers.