With so many companies transitioning to remote work, we are growing quickly and require a well rounded Finance Manager to join the team.
You’ll be the first Finance Manager at Omnipresent and will be key to building out our Finance function from the ground up. You’ll work closely with the Head of Finance to implement and deliver Omnipresent’s financial plan across all aspects of internal and external reporting.
You will be a commercially minded CIMA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified accountant with strong technical skills. You will demonstrate strong analytical skills alongside excellent communication skills and will be obsessed with streamlining Finance processes.
Remote work is one of the great equalisers of our time, allowing people to secure employment opportunities from companies around the world, no matter where they were born or where they live.
Yet, at a time when remote work is exploding, most companies are finding it too complex, costly and time consuming to employ workers internationally. At Omnipresent, we’re cutting this complexity and providing our clients, and their remote workers, with a simplified, cost effective and legally compliant employment experience. With a network of legal entities across the world, coupled with an automation-focused tech platform, we’re building the premier global employment-as-a-service offering on the market.
The key thing here is that we are a Seed stage rapidly growing startup where the Finance function is still taking shape. You will be helping to build it in addition to all the usual stuff a Finance Manager in a SaaS style start up does. Which, to be clear looks like this:
- Be responsible for the month-end management accounting, including multi-currency reporting for the UK parent and its subsidiaries.
- Work closely with the payroll team and external accounting functions to ensure accurate and complete reporting of revenue and cost.
- Contribute to the development of the Finance function by identifying opportunities to streamline processes.
- Ensure complete and accurate balance sheet positions are maintained, and are supported through monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
Statutory Compliance and Control
- Lead the preparation and filing of annual accounts for the UK parent and work with external accountants to ensure the same for foreign subsidiaries.
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Ensure the legal entities in the EMEA region have appropriate financial controls in place and adhere to Group-wide policies
- Work with external providers, reviewing and managing the output provided into Omnipresent’s compliance processes
- Work with the Head of Finance and external advisors to formulate and implement a Transfer Pricing policy, ensuring intercompany transactions are accurately reflected in the underlying books and records of the relevant legal entities
- Ensure all direct and indirect tax returns are completed, filed and paid on time
- Work with external advisors to highlight potential risks and uncertainties to the Head of Finance
Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable
- Work with our Payroll Manager to ensure complete and accurate customer invoicing and client employee payments.
- Process and manage all supplier payments including accurate recording, prompt payment aged payable reporting.
- Collaborate with our Payroll manager as and when required to ensure accurate reflection of salaries and benefits for both internal and external employees.
Work in close conjunction with the Head of Finance on various projects including:
- Budget and forecast process
- Tax structuring
- Legal Entity establishment
- Cashflow forecasting
You’ve done some of these things..
- Strong academics, including a minimum 2:1 or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Qualified member of an accountancy body with at least 2 years’ post qualified experience
- Knowledge of UK GAAP and specifically FRS102
- Experience with Xero advantageous but not essential
- Commercially astute, articulate and technically strong
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels
- Strong IT skills, with a focus on system development
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making
You are the sort of person that..
- Is committed to innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Has excellent communication/presentation skills and ability to build relationships
- Loves to solve complex operational issues by building simple processes, identifying and using modern (online) solutions to ensure a maximum degree of automation, replacing manual human interaction wherever possible
- Is self-driven problem solver, who always put the team before themselves
What’s in it for you (apart from the most fun and challenging ride of your life!)
- Shared ownership - Being a part of our journey means you will own a piece of Omnipresent
- Annual vacation entitlement: 33 days including local holidays - although we’re not too prescriptive!
- Equipment and infrastructure: We give you a budget for all the equipment you need to work effectively wherever you are
- Company retreats: We are planning biannual company-wide retreats post COVID, and well as socials and other team building activities
- Flexible working - Work from anywhere in the world - We don’t care where or when you work as long as the job gets done. We are genuinely as flexible as the work allows
We believe remote working is a great equaliser and we practice what we preach. Inclusivity is fundamental to our mission and we are committed to conscious inclusion. We believe in the potential of everyone; regardless of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.