Clubhouse was built by software engineers with the goal of making project management software less painful, more collaborative, and help software development teams do their best work. The platform combines a simple, modern UI with enterprise-grade tools, allowing technology companies to plan and manage their projects effectively, visualize progress across the organization, and define deadlines and milestones based upon data and predictive modeling.
What originally started as a Hack Day project has grown into a product that is used by more than 1,500 companies across the globe… and we have big plans to continue our growth. We currently have over 50 employees worldwide, an HQ in New York City, and we’re backed by some of the best investors in tech.
Clubhouse’s engineering team is a diverse mix of individuals with experience at large and small companies and with a range of technical skills. We’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead and grow our Growth team. This cross-disciplinary group works closely across product, design, marketing, and sales to drive sustainable long-term growth for our business and expose more users to the value they can get through using our product. This role will report to our VP of Engineering and will be responsible for team management, as well as technical work. (Read: you’ll write and commit code to our codebase.)
What you’ll do
- Lead, mentor, coach, motivate, and manage a team of software engineers with varying levels of experience working with different technologies. Conduct regular 1:1s, goal setting, and feedback conversations with engineers to ensure their well-being and team health, and support them in their learning and development.
- Play a meaningful role in recruiting and growing the Clubhouse team by attracting, onboarding, and retaining diverse top talent.
- Work closely with Engineering Managers, Product Managers, and our Executive Team to build the strategy for Growth at Clubhouse.
- Help build Clubhouse! As a senior member of the team, you’ll be expected to scope, lead, and execute on impactful engineering projects.
- Work to make your team more effective by eliminating dependencies, ensuring projects are adequately staffed, aligning on expectations and deadlines with other teams, and advocating for team members.
- Shape the future of the engineering organization by helping us to continuously improve and grow.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years previous experience as a people manager, ideally at a SaaS company with distributed teams and individuals with varying levels of experience.
- 7+ years of experience as an engineer, preferably working across the technology stack and on projects related to scaling and improving systems and architecture.
- A “lead-by-example” management style. (We are severely allergic to micro-managers)
- A commitment to growing and developing your team.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, proven ability to track and successfully complete complex projects.
- You are able to own delivery for your team, provide visibility into it, and be accountable for it. You rely on data to make decisions about the best action to take, and are keen to monitor progress against key metrics. You drive towards outcomes and assess any opportunity for its potential impact, and help your team do the same.
- You are knowledgeable about modern software engineering practices and how to apply them. You believe in agile and lean values. You have a track record of using these methods in practice to continuously deliver business value, and of ensuring visibility of delivery progress to a variety of stakeholders.
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and figuring things out as they evolve, change, and new requirements emerge. Our company and customer base are rapidly growing and this means new information can lead to new processes and outcomes.
- Experience as an entrepreneur, in a small startup, or working in/leading Growth Engineering teams is a plus.
What we offer
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, we’re offering a meaningful equity stake in the company.
- You’ll be working on a product built specifically for software companies, with the aim of improving the lives of its users. We want you to help guide the product, not just build it for us.
- You will be part of a small, professional and fast-moving team. Our work day is not broken up by meetings. Our codebase is small and well-tested. We contribute to the open source movement.
If this sounds like you, please apply below and tell us about yourself. Our interview process will include a mix of pair-programming and 1:1 discussions.
Clubhouse is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.