Over a million people use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and help people the make the most of everything our design platform has to offer? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Educational Content Creator.
What you'll do
Working within product marketing, you'll plan, write, create, and produce engaging and insightful content to help our audience make the most of everything Sketch has to offer. Your role will primarily involve creating written content — so excellent English and writing experience is a must. If you have skills to create videos or even create sample projects in Sketch, you’ll be able to do this, too.
On a typical day, you will:
Get to know our product inside out, understand how it works, why features are important and how best to use them — then find the best ways to share that knowledge with our customers.
Work to bring a new hub of educational content to life, writing in-depth tutorials and best practice guides on everything from specific Sketch features, to wider design concepts.
Create content to support product features and updates, including blog posts, documentation and tutorials.
Work closely with our Design Advocates to understand different design concepts and processes, then turn that understanding into educational content.
Create video tutorials and guides if you have those skills already (and if you don’t, there’s an opportunity to learn!).
Coordinate closely with our design team to make sure that our blog posts, guides and tutorials meet our high visual standards and are backed up with helpful sample projects.
Proofread copy from other team members, offering advice on best practice, and advocating for our tone of voice and style guidelines.
Support other members of product marketing with their work, where necessary.
What we're looking for
- You’ll be an experienced content creator with a love for design and plenty of examples of your writing to share with us. You don’t need to be a professional writer, but perhaps you have a personal blog on design-related topics or you’ve contributed articles to another publication. You’ll be a fast learner, eager to understand design concepts, figure out new features and communicate to our audience in a clear way.
- Writing a great article, blog post, tutorial or technical guide comes naturally to you, and you’re comfortable managing multiple projects at the same time. You'll be proactive, full of ideas and have a sharp eye for detail, especially when it comes to your own work. You’ll also be willing to experiment and work in new formats — from video tutorials to webinars — whether you have prior experience with them or not.
- Our team works remotely, so you will need to have excellent grasp written English, great communication skills and be comfortable working in a remote position.
- 2+ years in a writing, communications, or design-related role.
- A background or strong personal interest in design.
- Working knowledge of Sketch and other design software.
- An understanding of how to write for the web, email, social media, and other formats.
- Strong examples of your writing (whether its for a personal blog or elsewhere).
- An excellent level of written English.
- Able to work and communicate as part of a remote, but the close-knit team.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people.
- Able to adapt quickly to a brand voice and house style guide (and help shape it)
- You’re based in or close to European/African timezones
- Experience of working for an in-house marketing department or creative agency.
- Design and/or video editing skills that you can apply to and enhance the content you create.
- Experience of commissioning and working with other writers.
- Experience of writing technical guides or tutorials.
- Experience with content management systems and collaboration tools like Notion.
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.