Who We Are
Red Canary was founded to create a world where every organization can make its greatest impact without fear of cyber attack. Our combination of market-defining technology, processes, and expertise are preventing breaches every day. We are completely changing the way security is delivered and setting the new standard for security. If our mission resonates with you, let’s talk!
What We Believe In
- Do what’s right for the customer
- Be kind and authentic
- Deliver great quality
- Be relentless
Challenges You Will Solve
You will lead a team of Product Designers and Design Managers, encompassing everything that gets designed at Red Canary. You’ll be responsible for leading and growing the Design Team, developing our design strategy and vision, supporting your teams in delivering great design work, partnering with peers to deliver great product experiences and helping to evolve the Design function.
What You'll Do
- Defining Red Canary’s design vision and strategy for products.
- Managing and scaling the design team through multiple phases of growth. Building a world-class design team by hiring the best, managing performance, and mentoring your team.
- Managing individual contributors and managers, coaching and providing feedback on your team’s performance and ensuring they are delivering high-quality work that meets user and business needs.
- Defining career paths, helping people to identify opportunities for growth and define plans for achieving measurable goals.
- Implementing design tools and processes to build a world-class product.
- Collaborating closely with other leaders to evolve the Product Design function, our culture, structure, processes, and beliefs.
- Working with leaders of other functions (e.g. PM, Eng, Research, Analytics, Marketing, Sales) to ensure that teams are collaborating effectively to execute on company strategy.
- Joining our leadership team, with VP Product and VP Engineering, to evolve and improve how we ship product and lead teams.
What You'll Bring
- Experience leading a team of designers (4+) in a fast-growing environment, hiring, and managing performance.
- Experience working on a broad, modern product that has significant scale.
- Ability to motivate and inspire people to grow, learn, succeed, do their very best work.
- Ability to communicate (written and verbally) with precision, clarity, honesty, and respect.
- Understanding of how effective product strategy is shaped.
- Understanding of commercial dynamics and how design can help drive business success.
- Strong sense of product design, from high level strategic direction down to UI design details.
- Strong systems and conceptual thinker, ability to understand complex systems.
- Customer first thinking. A passion for building products. A growth mindset. Willingness to own problems. A desire to make things better.
Targeted base salary range: $155,000 - $193,000 + bonus eligibility and equity depending on experience.
Why Red Canary?
Red Canary is where people embody our mission to improve security outcomes for all. People work hard to maintain a culture that encourages authenticity in order to do your best work. Our people are driven and committed to finding the best security outcomes, delivering real and actionable answers, and being transparent along the way.
At Red Canary, we offer a very rich benefits program to our full-time team members so they can focus on their families and improving our customers’ security. For a full list of benefits, please review our Benefits Summary:
Individuals seeking employment at Red Canary are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.