Are you looking for a role that allows you to shape, spearhead and strengthen the acquisition efforts of our marketing department? Do you know what makes gamers tick? Does the ‘roll your sleeves up and get stuck in while thinking strategically’ world of the already-public start up appeal to you? If you are nodding while reading this part, you should seriously think about applying for this role. As the Director of Marketing, you will play an active role in shaping Luckbox’s growth strategy through ROI-based consumer approaches and data driven acquisition strategies.
What else is in it for you? You will be part of the senior leadership team - working within a globally dynamic and fast-paced environment where esports betting is done right. We are united by the mission to improve the gaming and esports scene by introducing a fully regulated and safe betting product. The group has recently closed CAD $6 million in financing and is expected to grow revenue by 2500% in the next 24 months having just listed on the Toronto Venture Stock Exchange (TSXV:LUCK)
What makes us different from other esports betting start-ups is our approach - we are building a product specifically for the competitive gaming audience in a fully regulated manner – esports betting done right. Luckbox are breaking new grounds; with the future of gambling being very much in our capable hands and the world is starting to take note; we were very proud to be the recipient of the EGR 2020 Rising Star award.
Role & responsibilities:
- Managing the marketing team, set and drive ambitious KPIs and own all user acquisition and content marketing budgets
- Create and drive the strategy to increase user acquisition globally
- Accelerate Luckbox’s customer acquisition through existing and new channels while automating marketing operations in various territories to improve funnel efficiency
- Create, and continually assess the channel strategy including display, search, social, and affiliates
- Collaborate with the content marketing lead to execute holistic campaigns including smart retargeting to enhance brand awareness, drive acquisitions and build loyalty
- Build and execute a methodical testing framework and work with agencies and internal creative teams to brief, produce, test, and scale insights
- Determine the ROI thresholds for paid acquisition and budget allocations based on a deep understanding of LTV models
- Underpin growth marketing acquisition with quantitative and qualitative data on user behaviour and experimentation (e.g. a/b testing, survey data, usability studies).
- Gain deep understanding of regulation impacting the can do and can’t do’s in line with our license(s)
- Work closely with our CEO and Director of Product to influence the Luckbox brand, product messaging and new product launches and set our aggressive growth strategy
- Continually review and report on market performance, changes to the market, consumer trends and the activities of competitors, adjusting the marketing plan and media mix when opportunities are identified
- Lead partnership and sponsorship negotiations; maximize value from any corporate partnerships and assets
- Build out and mentor a frugal team of like-minded, data-driven marketing professionals to execute on your strategy
- This is a hands on, high growth role – we all wear many hats, you must be willing to roll up your sleeves and run as fast as you can!
- Seasoned experience acquiring our demographic of users in heavily regulated, international digital environments (gambling, adult, dating, etc.); betting and gaming experience preferred but candidates with a proven track record in other high-growth, fast-paced industries will be considered
- Willingness to balance hands-on delivery with the strategic leadership elements
- 2+ years experience managing a team at a high growth company
- Previous experience successfully managing a multi-million dollar acquisition budget
- An inquisitive mind that is comfortable with experimentation (e.g. A/B testing, website iteration) and automation (e.g. email, content triggers)
- Not afraid to get hands dirty wearing any marketing ‘hat’ required at a fast-paced tech start up - willing to put in hard graft to build something industry dominating
- You are exceedingly data-driven and detail-oriented with the ability to look at problems at both a granular and strategic level
- You “get” social, understand what channels work for millennials and gen Z, are interested in content marketing, stay up to date about the latest social media tactics, and know what makes a story travel
- People-centric focus with strong team management experience and leading high-performing teams. We're hugely committed to growing and developing our internal talent and you will share that passion
- Business level proficiency in verbal and written English
- Experience working in, and knowledge of the global esports market
- Recent experience in the gambling/gaming industry, ideally with a Curacao, MGA, or IOM license
- Regional acquisition experience in either Asia, CIS, or LATAM
- Growth mindset - you will always be looking at new and creative approaches to your work
- Educated to degree level with a qualification in Business/Marketing
- An expansive network within the esports community
- Experience cultivating dedicated fan communities
- Start up experience
- Proven experience managing a brand communications strategy
- Experience of working across multiple markets and localising campaigns per market
For the right candidate we are happy for the this role to be based remotely (European time zone), we are also happy for it to based in either of our BG or Isle of Man offices. Occasional travel to the Isle of Man, UK and/or within the EU may be required.
We believe work should be fully flexible – where you like, when you like, as long as you get the job done.
Inclusion comes naturally to us, we are obsessive about finding the best talent; regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, and experience. We are committed to creating a working environment where our people can be themselves and flourish.