What is Current?
Our mission as a company is to enable budget-conscious consumers to earn additional passive income from their everyday habits. We have millions of monthly users and have achieved over 2,200% revenue growth in 2020. Our users earn millions of dollars a year in rewards by using our products.
Current Mobile Inc is a US-based company that builds mobile technology products for budget-conscious consumers. Our products let people around the world earn passive income while using their mobile phones for daily habits like music, games, news, shopping, browsing, charging, and even unlocking their device. Our passionate team of innovation leaders relentlessly convert user attention and data into rewards.
Our flagship products, Current Rewards, and Mode Smartphone are hugely popular with millions of users around the world. It is our goal to provide a free Mode phone to every budget-conscious consumer on the planet, enabling them to earn up to $100 each month while passively using their device. Our common purpose is to bring financial joy to the lives of our user base.
In 2018, Current became the first company to raise over $36M through an SEC-registered security token offering, to implement our royalty-paying token $CRNC across company product lines.
- You have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a team of high caliber ambitious people who are out to challenge the status quo of content consumption.
- We’re a well-funded revenue-generating company, and have a runway for years to come.
- We are rapidly growing and as we embark on the next phase of our incredible expansion, we are looking for exceptional talent to help fuel the growth.
- We’re committed to bringing diverse industry experiences and perspectives together. The team is made up of alumni from Y-Combinator, Ivy League Universities, College Dropouts, Fortune 500, and everything in between.
- We have superior financiers, advisors iand several top-tier institutional investors.
- Our leadership team has worked together on various projects over the last seven years which has greatly impacted their ability to evolve from past challenges and build efficient and effective processes.
- We care about building a disruptive product that empowers our users. We think big!
Director of Business Development Role and Responsibilities
To further our mission, we are looking for a leader to not only shape, but substantively grow the business development function of Current as we embark on the next phase of our incredible growth. As we continue to scale, how should we evolve our partnership strategy? How should we further turbo-charge and optimize our affiliate monetization? How will we continue to drive exponential revenue growth through affiliate partnerships as we scale to more products and geographies? This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well funded, rapidly growing company in a high-profile role that will have a direct impact on immediate as well as long-term growth and decision making at Current. The individual will bring experience, energy, and insight as they work within teams and across all departments and product lines to build business development strategies to ensure key revenue growth considerations are well understood, clearly communicated, and closely monitored.
We'd Love To Talk With You If…
- You have a minimum 5 years experience in leading affiliate business development or partnerships in fast-paced consumer AdTech, FinTech, DTC, and brand agencies from around the world.
- You are a proven deal-maker with significant experience managing the full cycle all the way through deal close.
- You are a problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity, capable of structuring business and data strategies independently in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-starter with ability to get things done across multiple geographies, competing priorities, and different cross-functional teams.
- You are a subject matter and partnerships expert with significant experience managing complex partner relationships that touch different parts of the organization and/or require internal trade-offs.
- You have a proven ability to collaborate with Product and Engineering functions and experience with technical integrations/on-boarding.
- You love and understand the business model behind AdTech, FinTech, direct to consumer, and/or mobile gaming industry.
- You have a very strong revenue focused mindset and enjoy developing and meeting target-based business development milestones.
- You have experience in developing and delivering partnership strategies for consumer adtech, consumer mobile, DTC, or fintech businesses.
- You have deep insights in affiliate marketing and have grown a successful consumer tech business led by partnerships.
You'll be working closely with the leadership team and reporting directly to the CEO for 120 days and thereafter to the Vice President of Marketing, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Leading and managing the partnership-led business growth in segments such as incentivized search, syndicated news, videos, shopping cashback, location services.
- Developing strategy for creating more earning opportunities for the users through affiliate monetization, finance based offers, app downloads, etc.
- Conducting research on ecosystems and due diligence with partners to understand affiliate monetization and data partnership opportunities.
- Building business cases evaluating the benefits and costs of partnership opportunities and negotiating deals for Current Mobile products (Current Rewards & Mode Phone).
- Driving strategic engagements and building effective communication channels with partners and stakeholders.
- Interfacing closely with Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics, and Legal to drive effective collaboration on projects and deals.
- Managing and growing the Business Development team.
- Partnering with the company's leadership to define, launch, and drive strategic and operational initiatives around growth and monetization strategy.
How We Work
Current is committed to learning, exploring new ideas & alternatives, and is united by curiosity. We are results-driven, use OKRs to guide us on our decisions, and emphasize goal accomplishment.
We put emphasis on the following Values:
Leadership does not necessarily mean management. Everyone is a leader, no matter the role. Taking pride in your responsibilities, finding & executing solutions is key.
The best solutions start with everyone understanding the problem and its impact. We’ve found that if someone understands the ‘why’, they will produce an innovative ‘what’ and ‘how’. If we cannot explain the ‘why’ clearly, we don’t understand the problem ourselves.
Our work environment is a lighthearted & positive place where employees are united by humor and camaraderie; we believe laughter is a great way to uplift employee morale and form bonds with each other.
We drive innovation and push boundaries for all company activities while understanding that anything worth doing will have roadblocks. We set a new standard of worth for people’s time, data, and attention while rewarding what most other companies take.
We won’t thrive without recognizing others strengths. Listen and evolve together, helping and supporting each other for the sake of a collective goal.
We believe in the following workplace Norms:
- Honor Commitments, Your Word Matters
Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant & Timely (S.M.A.R.T) Asks & Answers
Individual & Departmental OKRs will largely impact success at Current
- Agree to Disagree & Commit
Voice concerns in a respectful & appropriate manner directly to your manager or the Executive Team
Always start from the idea that a person meant well or was doing their best, no matter what they say or do
What We Are Offering
- Participation in the company's equity & token plan
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with employer contribution
- Work with highly curated high caliber people
- Celebrate employee personal milestones
- Remote team building activities every 6-8 weeks
- Virtual happy hours & virtual coffee buddies
- Bonus.ly - we use bonus.ly as a way to recognize and reward employees for their hard work + commitment
- Monthly virtual yoga + meditation classes
- We follow the “12 PM to 1 PM CST Break” - no meetings during this time to encourage team members to take a break in their workday!