The Business Segment Leader, MedTech owns the sub segment strategy, business justification, technical scope and product definition for their segment (MedTech). The ideal candidate brings a wealth of know-how in the execution of healthcare products and programs from conception to release including leading product definition, product management, business, technical, and clinical strategy. The business segment leader will be responsible for the entire lifecycle of this subsegment of the health BU. As the subsegment expert, they will also be ultimately responsible to provide the company with advice and guidance regarding all aspects of the business, working closely with the VP, Health.
Defines the segment product portfolio, including standard and custom ML device(s), solutions, accessories, pricing, etc. Delivers a GTM plan that results in the delivery of all business targets including revenue, KPIs and NRE for those products. Owns relationships with all strategic partners and customers in their segment. Works closely with Product Marketing and Engineering to make sure the technical requirements of the subsegment are well understood and incorporated into the product roadmap. Works closely with Design and Marketing teams on user experience, GTM and messaging.
Where applicable and not overlapping with strategic partners, works with Sales team to define any additional Channel and Distribution strategy and supports customer engagement. Owns entire product life cycle management for their products and segment.
- Drive the strategic, business, and technical vision and results of the MedTech segment, within Magic Leap’s Health BU
- Defines product portfolio and is the product manager for the subsegment, including standard and custom ML devices, custom or co-development funded by NRE, accessories, and corresponding pricing. For standard ML devices, they will work closely with the Product Marketing team which will have primary responsibility for compiling cross BU product requirements into the MRD (see below).
- Defines and manages product lifecycle
- Work closely with the health clinical research lead and health systems and development teams to define appropriate product roadmap requirements that are then shared with the Product Marketing team for incorporation into MRD and ultimately PRD.
- In initial phases, builds out the application development team that will work hand in hand with the development teams of our strategic partners.
- Works closely with product marketing team and communications team on GTM strategy, messaging and related materials (e.g. white papers, social media, blogs, events, etc)
- Optimizes the use of horizontal Magic Leap capabilities to facilitate the adoption of Magic Leap technology by the health ecosystem of developers and partners.
- Coordinate with the lead Project Manager to establish, implement, and administer project plans with clear milestones and deliverables, manage and allocate NRE and provide regular operational updates.
- Ensure that all software implementations at the embedded, cloud, and applications levels abide by HIPAA, FDA, GDPR, and any other pertinent regulations, in coordination with Magic Leap’s regulatory and legal teams and in conjunction with our strategic partners.
- Work with clinical research lead to investigate potential new areas of application of spatial computing in the MedTech segment, and to define and execute data exploration and clinical research as appropriate, including prototypes
- Participate in customer- and partner-facing business development and product management activities, to provide segment expertise and to ensure integration and translation of customer requirements into research and development processes, MRD/PRD/TRD, and to support a robust ecosystem of developers and partners on the Magic Leap platform.
- Provide additional assistance as needed in interactions with Magic Leap leadership and investors
- 10 years experience leading teams in the medical device industry, preferably with experience in both HW and SW as well as regulatory
- Experience in the medical device industry (i.e. medical device OEM, device or implant manufacturer)
- Experience working in a distributed, matrixed environment, able to influence senior leaders and engage employees that are not in a direct reporting structure
- Significant experience in customer, partner, end user facing activities, especially involving complex technical products
- Experience working in global markets, including US, EU, and Asia
- Experience working with startups and developers
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.