Able is a team of designers and engineers that have started, grown, and sold technology companies. Now we pool our skills as a team to build a growing portfolio of businesses. We believe the future of investing will be driven by technical capability and that people with our skills shouldn't have to bet everything on the success of a single startup.
Able is seeking a DevOps Engineering Manager to mentor and help build our DevOps engineering team. This person would be responsible for shaping it into an excellent form, by establishing sincere relationships with direct reports, supporting their career development needs, and fiercely contributing to the company growth. What will be expected of you:
- Identify team member’s strengths and weaknesses, and nurture their skills to achieve their true potential
- Communicate company’s vision and strategy to the team and serve as a point of contact for any questions
- Encourage the team’s drive, remove roadblocks from them, and empower them to achieve great deeds
- Exercise your technical skill set on DevOps practices by coaching your direct reports in their career paths
- Partner with Software Engineering Managers and Software Engineers to ensure their needs and requirements are met and included in the DevOps roadmaps
- Evolve our working DevOps model to support changes in our development methodology and teams.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, security, performance and maintainability.
- Collaborate with teams to scale engineering processes.
- Research novel technologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the SDLC.
- Support hiring efforts, evangelize about the company, and help us build Able’s brand
- Contribute directly as a DevOps Engineer for a period of at least three months to gain a proper understanding of our needs and requirements before transitioning into the DevOps Engineering Manager position.
What we are looking for:
- You have the empathy to care for your team’s needs as well as to advocate the right solutions for the company
- You have superb communication skills that allow you to expose your ideas in a clear way
- You have a passion for collaborative problem solving and the willingness to challenge, debate, and form relationships with team members.
- You know what you don’t know, you have no problem admitting it, and you’re eager to do whatever it takes to address that gap.
- You have a desire to improve Able’s software development practices and the experience to follow-through on implementation.
- 2+ years managing a DevOps team
- 3+ years of professional experience as a System Administrator, DevOps Engineer or equivalent.
- Experience with one or more scripting languages.
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of cloud technologies, automation, continuous integration, and monitoring tools.
- Understanding of MVC/SOA architectures and databases such as PostgreSQL and Redis.
- Professional proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Experience with Linux based Operating Systems
- Attention to incidents and problem management skills.
Why would you love to work for Able?
We believe that people, teams, and well-thought processes are more important than the ideas themselves, and we’re keen on bringing great people together while investing in their growth.Our teams have built products in various industries, from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we will work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times, we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, though, we will look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster and grow as a group.And we like to put our money where our mouth is, offering great benefits to ensure you have the best experience working with us:
- Flexible work hours and locations
- Competitive salaries
- English classes
- Benefit reimbursements
- Annual reevaluation of base compensation
- Annual variable compensation based on individual and company performance
We know that a diverse team brings extraordinary success, and we have created a work environment geared towards work and life balance as well as happiness. Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
This is but the beginning of a conversation we’d love to have with you.Apply, and let’s get this adventure started!