🤔Why are we opening this position ?
GitBook is a modern documentation platform backed by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge and share their docs with the world.
GitBook is loved by developers, trusted by thousands of teams within companies such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, and Google. We’ve reach over 1M users with the majority being developers, our aim is to simplify developers’ lives and develop a collaboration platform that enables them to focus on their work while we take care of their docs. With this in mind we’re looking for our very first Developer Relations Lead (working remotely) to help us build a community around our product and raise awareness about what we do within the developer community.
🙌What will you be doing ?
We're currently working on a major product release to redefine "core team work" and our API is currently in beta, your main mission will be to help us developing our developer relations program from scratch, and guide us through launch.
In your daily life, you will be in charge of :
- Gathering a deep understanding of the challenges, use cases and ambitions of developers using GitBook and channelling back this feedback to the product & engineering organization
- Boosting awareness around GitBook within the developer community and increasing the adoption of our product, with a focus on open-source community (GitBook is free for open-source projects🚀)
- Creating content to educate the ecosystem and helping potential users discovering GitBook through various channels (Webinars / Blog / GitHub,...)
- Helping us take our API from beta to public through extensive user research and helping currents API users solving their challenges through talking with them, helping us write our API docs it and building working examples on top of it to showcase what’s possible
- Building a decentralized developer program by facilitating open-source initiatives built around our API, creating an engaged community of developers with the aim of extending what's possible with our platform.
- Setting up listening and communication channels to build an audience that takes interest into what we’re doing, contributing to existing open-source projects
- Discovering opportunities to empower existing developers communities through helping them getting started with GitBook, and launch partnerships / referral programs that can boost awareness around our product
👥Every single team member is a value addition to our culture, so it's important for us to state our values.
👍👍While joining GitBook, you will also appreciate our Perks & Benefits.
✨What's next ?
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision) 🙂
2. As the next step, our recruiter will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Afterwards, you will be meeting with several members of our team during separate meetings in order to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life..
4. Then, you will have the opportunity to meet with the team to have a preview of GitBook's culture and daily life but also to learn more about GitBook's history, our vision and ambition, and ensuring you're also aligned with our culture and core values.