Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting wellness brands such as Barry’s, Well+Good, Hu, and Sakara Life. We designing meaningful experiences that help our clients create deeper relationships with their customers. Founded in 2006, we are a remote-first team with members of the team located around the world. As a remote-first company, on site work is not required.
Designers at Barrel work on a diverse range of projects from startups to established brands. Barrel’s tight-knit culture encourages close collaboration between all disciplines while paving the way for designers to push the boundaries, contribute ideas, and learn something new.
We’re seeking multifaceted designers to collaborate with our team on ecommerce websites, web/mobile apps, brand identity systems, and any other interactive, marketing, and communication challenges that design can solve.
For Barrel, design is the process of thinking, planning, and imagining products that effectively solve problems for our clients. In addition to creating compelling visuals, our design team plays a key part in crafting intuitive user experiences through wire-framing, mapping user flows and navigation, and developing micro-interactions.
Our design team is always evolving and eager to explore innovative solutions that’ll help our clients grow their business.
At Barrel, we value openness, constant communication, and a sense of humor. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit. Our culture revolves around our core behaviors: Continuous Growth & Learning, Focus & Discipline, Team-First Mentality, and Positive Attitude.
- Ideate and execute on compelling design concepts
- Create conceptual and practical designs that map back to the client’s business goals, audience, and vertical
- Maintain high standards in the work created and ensure only the best work is shared with the client
- Advise clients on industry best practices when appropriate
- Accurately estimate time to complete work
- Continually experiment with new tools and technologies
- Ability to research and provide strategic, goal-driven solutions for clients
- Collaborate with other designers, both in-house, and freelance
- Provide useful contributions to team meetings and conversations, actively participating in client meetings and workshops
- Provide thoughtful and constructive feedback to all team members during presentations
- Experience: 3+ years digital experience. Solid knowledge of industry tools and understanding of designing intuitive and responsive user experiences.
- Creativity: Strong visual design aesthetic and conceptual thinking. Strong handle of layout, navigation, typography, colors, and image composition as applied to web and mobile experiences. Maintains a meticulous attention to detail in all deliverables
- Leadership: Can work both autonomously and collaboratively with the team. As a designer, you will not only be expected to bring your own creative ideas to the table but also flawlessly execute on the shared project vision.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially when talking about design and collaborating with other team members. Has a strong digital and web vocabulary and can speak confidently to clients about web platforms, how designs will function and how designs will be implemented.
- Skills: Comfortable working efficiently in the Adobe Suite and Figma. Webflow knowledge is a bonus. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to code websites).
- Time Management: Excellent and efficient organizational and time management skills. Able to self-manage and prioritize tasks to ensure work is delivered on time and of the highest quality.
How to Apply
If you feel like you would be a good fit for this role, please apply below. Design applications sent via email will not be accepted.