Based in New York, Clubhouse is the collaborative home for modern software teams. Thousands of fast-growing organizations use Clubhouse to plan and build software, including Glitch, Nubank, Dataiku, Scale AI, FullStory, and LaunchDarkly.
As a Design Researcher, you’ll work closely with the Design, Product and CX teams to validate and help guide our thinking around new features, experiments and explorations, and help us build confidence that the solutions we design and develop are successfully solving the most critical problems that our customers have. We started Clubhouse to help improve the working lives of software teams around the world, and as a Design Researcher, you’ll help us take risks, experiment, and evolve the product (and the company!) even faster.
You’ll also be the first person in the company with a dedicated research role, so this is an opportunity to build a research function from scratch within a successful product/design-led organization.
This position can be either local or remote, reports directly to the Co-founder and Chief Design Officer, and will be part of the Design team.
- Validate both existing and new features, concepts, and explorations using a variety of quantitative and qualitative tools and processes.
- Help develop an in-house research function.
- Design and run design research plans.
- Coordinate with our Customer Support, Customer Success and Product Marketing teams to identify customers to interview and include in test groups.
- Help us steer the direction of the product by crafting actionable recommendations based on qualitative and quantitative data, on both individual features and the product in general.
- Help us craft success metrics around features, create dashboards to track feature engagement, and make sense of the mountain of engagement data we already have.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with design research or a related field (e.g. User/UX Research, HCI, UI/UX Design).
- A strong interest in Product/UI/UX design.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated ability to design and run usability research experiments.
- Working knowledge of tools and best practices related to saas engagement metrics, visualization, and design/UX research methodologies.
- A working understanding of web app UI elements and usage (e.g. radio buttons vs. checkboxes, input fields vs. textareas, links vs. buttons).
What we offer:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of premiums covered for employees; an annual conference stipend available for your professional development; 12 weeks paid parental leave (available from day 1), a 401k plan, and much more.
- In addition to a competitive salary and benefits, all offers also come with a sizable equity grant.
- You’ll be working on a product built for software teams, with the aim of improving the working lives of its users. We use Clubhouse to build Clubhouse, and want and value your perspective as we continue moving the product forward.
- We expect you to work at a sustainable pace, take time off as needed, and maintain a healthy work-life balance. Many of us have families and kids, so we don't work crazy hours and don't expect you to either.
- We have a remote-first culture. More than half of our company works outside of the NYC office, and every employee has the flexibility to work wherever works best for them.