This is a critical hire for us, and also an incredibly impactful one. As our first Data Engineer, you will have a chance to build something from scratch and set the foundations for all of our data engineering infrastructure going forward. As with many young companies, your responsibilities may evolve over time. Here are some of the things we expect you to take on as a Data Engineer:
- Strong SQL and data processing fundamentals and related tooling
- Experience creating data pipelines that support multiple stakeholders
- Deep understanding of security-related topics
- Good knowledge of software development fundamentals; how to structure programs, decompose problems, create clean and testable code
- Next to speaking English fluently, you can understand and translate business requirements into clearly articulated technology solutions.
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS data processing tools (e.g., RDS, Athena, Redshift, DMS), or strong interest in learning some of them
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD systems
- Good knowledge of provisioning and orchestration tools
- Familiar with different data tools, e.g., Stitch, Segment, Fivetran, Tableau, Looker, BigQuery, PowerBI, etc
- You're passionate about what you do
- You're pragmatic; youknow when to be hands-on and enjoy taking the lead in challenging situations; you know when it's best to build and when it's best to buy
- You're excited to learn new technologies and best practices
- You’re always up for pairing up and tackling problems with your colleagues
- You're eager to learn, contribute to design and architecture decisions, and inspire change
- Understand when it's best to build vs. when it's best to buy
What is it like to work at ChartMogul?
- You’ll join the adventures of an early-stage company and experience what it means to have an incredibly impactful job.
- You’ll become part of a team of nice, awesome, and highly dedicated people who all have the same mission: Helping companies build better businesses.
- You’ll receive a great salary pack (market or upmarket)
- Application is reviewed
- Interview with the Director of Engineering
- Technical Interview with the team (you'll have a chance to talk with the people you'll be working with every day)
- Interview with the Head of Engineering
- Reference Checks
Please note, we are only accepting EU-based applicants at this time.