Vinovest's mission is to democratize access to investing in wine, an asset class only available for the ultra wealthy. Community is fundamental to us achieving that mission. Wine is inherently social and fun, and it is our belief that wine investing should be, too. As our first Community Manager, you’ll help us break down barriers to bring millions of people into the Vinovest community.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who is passionate about making investing in alternative assets more inclusive for all.
- You love making connections and engaging folks in conversation, and understand how to build an authentic movement.
- You’ve got a knack for seeing an opportunity to engage our community. You aren’t afraid to get involved in conversations and know how to navigate them in an inclusive and genuine way.
- Someone who is deeply passionate about wine and investing. You have a solid grasp of investing fundamentals, and you also understand how to navigate these topics in a human and accessible way. You read all the newsletters, or maybe you even write your own.
- An agile teammate who can seamlessly move from different projects and tasks, and collaborate with colleagues cross-functionally.
- Be obsessed with providing more value to the community. Constantly test new ideas & iterate on them, and measure goals to understand what initiatives we should invest in.
- You've helped create a vibrant community for yourself or a company before. You come with a toolkit of tactics to do this again for us. You love connecting people and helping others when the opportunity arises.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to dissect complex concepts into digestible terms.
- Passionate networker - not the kind that collects business cards, but someone who spends time adding value to others and forming meaningful and lasting connections
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.