Over a million designers use Sketch to transform their ideas into incredible products. Would you like to join us and help take this leading design tool to the next level? We're looking to expand our team with a full-time Community Manager.
Our team works remotely and communicates mostly in writing, so you will need to have an excellent grasp of written English, great communication skills, and be comfortable working in a remote position.
What we are looking for:
You'll be joining our Community team, where you'll nurture and develop a rich and thriving community of Sketch of Ambassadors and Advocates. You'll be an expert in your trade, which is community-focused, and you'll have a wealth of experience you can pull on together with an impressive track record for delivering results.
We're on the lookout for someone special who can make a difference. So if you're a confident and pro-active people person who gets excited about coming up with new ideas and sharing them, this role is for you. And if you have a design background, even better — you'll slot right in from day 1 and feel at ease within our community.
While no two days at Sketch are the same, in this role you'll be expected to
- Manage and develop our schemes to keep Sketch top of mind amongst our community. This means working with internal subject matter experts and external partners to create a series of events that inspire and engage.
- Ideate new incentives and motivational initiatives to keep our Ambassadors and Advocates active, conversational, and rewarded.
- Drive the recruitment of new Sketch Ambassadors and Advocates in priority territories. And thereafter onboard each individual successfully.
- Be on hand to support and nurture our Ambassadors and Advocates to build and develop healthy relationships.
- Create specific resources for our Ambassadors and Advocates that help them organize impactful community events.
- Collaborate with other marketing teams and work on strategies to best promote new features and product launches in our community.
- Engage daily with our community. You will be connecting with our community online through Slack and email, coordinating support, answering questions, and helping solve their pain points.
- Assess external requests for event participation and sponsorship working with our Head of PR. You'll also seek out potential community-led opportunities and professional partnerships that contribute to delivering the right level of brand exposure.
- Attend relevant in-person events and networking opportunities to grow the community (currently inactive due to the global pandemic).
- Capture and collate community-focused feedback from the community for the benefit of Marketing and wider teams, including Product and Research.
- Report on community performance and conduct regular health checks, audits, and ROI assessments.
We're looking for someone with
- 3+ years in a community management role, or similar — ideally with a design background
- Proven experience in building relationships with customers (or industry professionals or journalists)
- Proven experience in planning and leading community initiatives with evidenced results
- An appetite to keep up-to-date with social media and online communities
- High level of attention to detail, critical thinking and problem-solving
- Event management experience
- A customer-focused mindset and the ability to empathize
- Good copywriting skills with an understanding of the importance of a brand voice, and experience of the active application
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with lots of other talented people
- You have excellent communication skills, are self-motivated, and comfortable working in a remote position.
- You’re able to work full-time and are based in European/African time zones.
- You have a design background (big bonus!)
- SaaS working experience
- A working knowledge of Notion and Slack
- A good knowledge of Sketch, both the product and the brand
Even if you're not able to tick all of these boxes, we would still love to hear from you.