We are a startup building citation and reference management software for researchers and students. Our user base is growing fast and so is the team around it. Tens of thousands of customers rely on Paperpile (paperpile.com) every day to organize and write scientific articles.
Our new product, BibGuru (bibguru.com), helps undergrad and high school students to quickly create accurate citations and bibliographies. First released last fall, hundreds of thousands of students already use BibGuru and we are adding thousands of new users every day.
Founded in Cambridge/MA, Paperpile is now headquartered in Vienna, Austria with a fully remote team distributed across 10 countries.
- You communicate and engage with our users and help them get the most out of our products.
- You are active on all our channels: email, in-app messenger, community forum, social media.
- You talk to users in person on video calls, webinars, at meetings, and at conferences (someday...).
- You build lasting relationships with our institutional customers (universities, research institutes, hospitals, businesses...).
- You write newsletters, product announcements, changelogs, blog posts, landing pages.
- You create and maintain product documentation, guides, tutorials, teaching materials, presentations.
- You create content for videos and screencasts.
- You collect and analyze user feedback.
- You conduct user surveys and organize beta tests of new features.
- You collaborate closely with our product, support, marketing, and sales teams.
- You have a university degree and a background in academia. We are actively looking for somebody who is part of the academic community and wants to find a new challenge in a communication role.
- You are familiar with the academic publishing process, paper writing, referencing, ... and all topics around it.
- You love technology and modern productivity software. Your world does not end with Microsoft Word. You use products like Slack, Trello, Notion, Google Apps, [insert your favourite app] and love how they make you more productive.
- You can communicate in perfect English (native speakers preferred). Knowledge of other languages like Spanish or French is not required but very useful.
- You have strong writing skills and feel comfortable writing all types of materials from precise technical documents to engaging marketing copy.
- We are a fully remote company. Work from anywhere on your own schedule. We sponsor co-working spaces in your city.
- Work in a small motivated team. Everything you do matters and has a direct impact on the success of our products and company.
- Learn and grow. Try out new things every day. We sponsor relevant courses, seminars and conferences.
- 4 weeks paid vacation.
- Equity/bonus program.